Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Newbeatle (Mike Walker) makes it into Dirt Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbeatle (Mike Walker) makes it into Dirt Wheels!

Check out page 159 in the February issue of Dirt Wheels, there is a picture of mike at the ATV pulls held the day after the 12 Hours of ATV America race!
There is a picture of my quad on page 158 but the write up was a real slap in the face. Dirt Wheels will be getting a letter from me, not that it will do any good! They say my team sponsored by Four Stroke Tech was no match for the Kawi sponsored team! The funny thing is that we were running a stock 700 engine and we were in front of Penlands off and on till my teather switch took a crap and put us 2 laps down! The worst part is that Dirt Wheels knew,, because they were told,, that my quad had none of Mickey Dunlaps Four Stroke Techs parts on it at the time of the race! Due to a machining error done by a local machine shop here we didn't get to run the big bore! I put in a bone stock 700 engine the night before the race and had to tune it in at the track!It really P'ed me off that they put that in their magazine, Mickeys stuff is the best I've seen for quality and Mickey himself has bent over backwards to help me out with my troubles and if my machinest had listened to Mickey and done it the way Mickey told him too I would not have had any problems!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirt Wheels also failed to mention that the team of The Little Rascals on their 660 Grizz were smoking all of us in the class and were even running lap times as fast as some of the 2 wd class pros! If they would not have broke right at the end of the race Penlands would not have even come close to winning![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Ok, I've vented!!! Now go check out that picture of Mike,,,, that box on the front is his air intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats!!!

Dirt Wheels is cool to see the reader's rides, tech stuff, new products(not atv's), and aftermarket stuff, BUT they are really biased from one month to the next as far as the ATV's go they seem to find the "king,best,baddest" quad almost every month, swearing it's supremency then next month it's something else??? Kickbacks from the major manufactures must be nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Whoa Prairiewrench...you got me venting now too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I saw that article EXTRA CHEESY the way they didn't give you the props you deserve. Congratulations to you, and those that help you with your racing. Mudfoot

Old 01-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Heck, I was just happy that my guys finished the 12 Hour race, my quad is still in one piece (sorta) and we still ended up getting 3rd place and onto the podium! We have never raced with the likes of the pros that were there! We have only ran in a few of the local 90 min. hare scrambles!
I guess I need to win the lottery and make a huge donation to Dirt Wheels so they will give us a better write up! LOL!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

True [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

so the grizz waz really beating the p700. that sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

P.W. ... thanks for letting me know... I did go out & get a copy... it is a very small black & white, with no info... but it's cool anyway...

By the way, P.W. isn't that a picture of yours in there as well???, even though what they had to say, wasn't very positive, I didn't see a picture of team Pendlands quad ... who's driving in the picture ???

Have you heard anymore on the ice race at lake Okaboji yet ??? I've just finished studding up & sealing my tires... itching to try them out...

I wonder if DWB sent in his pictures of the pulls... that looks like it came out of his camera ???

Old 01-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Congrads guys, on getting in the mag.

It's to bad they couldn't get things right.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

SHOTGUN... that gives you an idea how little the sled was, anyway...

Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

CONGRATS, Mike W.!