Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Elka Shocks and jumping on the V-force.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elka Shocks and jumping on the V-force.

I got new Elka shocks all around from santa. I didnt know what to expect, wow what a huge differance the elkas make on the mx track. I usually try and go to the track 2 times per week, my skill level has really gone up with the new shocks! If someone can tell me how to post some video? Ive got shots of me jumping 40ft, 50ft, 60ft, and believe it or not 81ft on a step up jump. I was seriously going to get a yfz 450 before I got the shocks, now I love the V-force so much I may not get it. I would like feedback from you guys that
have the V force with elkas and do some jumping.

Off the subject, has anyone had problems with their alien dual mufflers. the end cap on my right muffler has always been loose and now the tubes inside have broken loose? Im trying to get another muffler to replace it. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

Old 01-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool photos! dont know how to do the viedo thing but oh yeha I would love to see someone jumping the 700 big like that! Damn 530lbs being launched oh yeha!!!! got to see that. You so crazy!!!
Reguarding the shocks dont know anything about them but i got to say one thing santa must really like you!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I hear people talk about these shocks and I have never believed how well they would work. You have me wondering again, maybe I should splurge and buy myself some. I would love to be able to jump the old V without bottoming it out. Have fun!

Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rocksvforce, do you have the Elite racing, Sports and racing, or the recreational Elkas on your V? Did you get the dual rate or triple rate springs? How much did it lower it? Think I might buy a set myself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Brent

Dont be afraid of the outcome. Only positive things to say about the Elkas, only wish I would have done it sooner!

Ken

Old 01-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer

Enforcer, ive got the sport and racing set up for mx with triple rate. With all my gear on the ride hight is 7.5 in which is the lowest they recommend. My only regret is I wish the shocks were my first upgrade along with nerf bars. The shocks are that much of a differance. I cant wait till it warms up so I can go to the sand dunes and test them there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

If it's that much a difference I may hold off on messing with my tuning and get the elkas instead, do you know where santa got them from. I hate my stock shocks (granted I only have 15 hours on them) but they are a rough ride. Lastly, I'm a fairly ez going rider, are these going to make a difference for me?

Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

bandit 33, I got my elkas from christian paul motorsports, the price was around 1460 I think. I dont have the # sorry. Even just for regular riding I would get the shocks but a different set upn other than mx.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

feels like your on air eh?