Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Nabors Module Problem, or is it me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nabors Module Problem, or is it me?

Hooked everything up per the directions, Fired up the wheeler and away I went. Didnt notice any difference.
From all the post I was expecting to flip over.
My understanding is W.O.T. from a dead stop is where it is supposed to Be noticed the most.
Bad module?
Bad me?

Any Ideas how to test it?

Old 01-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Other things to look at is you clutch adjusted properly are you jetted properly? One would think you should still see a difference... It doesn't give the flip over backwards just like that but it will make it alot easier to lift the front tires if you got traction. Don't get me wrong in the right condition it probably would tip over backwards with out trying.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well my Prairie has always ran great! I will say it is tuned as good as you can get a stock one. I even outran a '04 p700 with it (1/2 a wheeler). I was trying it on pavement with my stock tires back on it and Like I said I just didnt notice a diference. I think I will re-check my connections and go from there.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

You have to have the connections right because it will not run if you didn't . Also if yours was running good before I notice a less of an improvement but at 30km you should see a difference.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Interesting. I installed the module (DG) on my P700, and it did nothing. When I degreed my cams last week, I kept thinking I had my timing wrong, because it didn't run as expected. Out of pure luck, I decided to remove the Holeshot module and voila! Instant bottom end. I believe my module was bad.

Old 01-16-2004, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

Give Nabor's Kawasaki a call. They are the manufacture's of the unit. The directions they supply are for the Canadian Kawie. The wiring is in different colors. You may have a the module connected to the wrong wire. If you connect the wires wrong you would more than likely lose performance though.

Just curious.....you wouldn't have an aftermarket clutch sping would you?

Old 01-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

n2xlr8n, mine did the same thing, turned out to be one of the connections not quite making it. It made the Prairie slower than stock. I re-connected the bad one and hold on! It almost stood straight up before I could let off. You might want to check it out. The DG tech says they've never had one bad module and that they are tested twice, and burned-in before they ship, whatever that means?

Old 01-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thats what I'm doing today is call Nabors and ask a million questions. And as far as clutch I ordered the black spring and new belt. Don't have it yet.
I'll (we'll) figure it out. I am looking forward to that almost flipped over on my A** feeling.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: prairie633
n2xlr8n, mine did the same thing, turned out to be one of the connections not quite making it. It made the Prairie slower than stock. I re-connected the bad one and hold on! It almost stood straight up before I could let off. You might want to check it out. The DG tech says they've never had one bad module and that they are tested twice, and burned-in before they ship, whatever that means?
Thanks. I'm going to try it without the module for a while; I'm semi-new to riding, and after the recent tweaking, I need to readjust myself to the bike. I had it soldered in, and checked the wiring twice...I'm probably going to make sure it's good, then sell it....It wheelies fine for me now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed a huge difference when i put mine in!!! Wheelies much easier, and i have a 2.5 warn winch on front with a custom box full of crap. But i also have the black spring and plain with white stripe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Nabors Module Problem, or is it me?