Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my 4-wheeler catasterphy

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 4-wheeler catasterphy

LOL notice my misspelling? yeh any way... me and my dad have 4 wheelers and a packed garage so u know how it is.. so we end up putting them in storage thinkin were gonna get em in a week.. well its been about almost a year! and i say dad lets get em out.. (also note we left them with the gas turned on never drained didily sh** and every thing so we take them out and take em to the house wont start so we put new batterys on nothing.. my uncle puts gas straight into the spark plug hole to make a long story short and it finally gets it to start we clean it out blablabla it messes up still while my dads prarie wont work at ALL.. again to make the LOOONG story short we ended up takein em to kawasaki place (west coast, used to be powersports) and they say the bayou needs new carb plus servicing and then some... the prarie? same thing... we call back week later or so... uhh sir.. your prarie needs a new piston.. the celinder wall practically crumbled in peices he said... and my dads like WTF i payed 200 for a estimate and i made sure to say theres NOTHING else wrong.. so long story short.. were 2 grand poorer and lesson learned.. dont store with gas!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

soring it with gas in the tank should hav done nothing to the cylinder, and you shouldnt have needed NEW carbs either, just carb rebuilds

Old 01-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

well they said some how mosisture got into the exhaust and rusted the celindar out.. what ever.. oh and btw my spellin sucks sorry

Old 01-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyzorg
well they said some how mosisture got into the exhaust and rusted the celindar out.. what ever.. oh and btw my spellin sucks sorry
(Keep a small dictionary next to your computer, it can help with brain fade). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a screw job to me. A new carb? B.S.! Did y'all store 'em underwater?

Old 01-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you got hosed.

Old 01-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

well im not the one paying for it but i do feel for my dad.. i mean really 2 grand? jesus lol.. but my uncle whos a master mechanic from 4 years old came with us when they explained it all and he said it was possible but MIGHT be horse phucky.. dunno

Trending Topics

Old 01-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

This doesn't sound right to me period. Take em as they are and take them as fast as you can to an other dealer. You have to call them what's wrong with them picking up the phone and calling you? moisture in the engine? I keep mine outside year after year. I drive mine so it's always getting hot and cold no problems. Your in Florida what do they do cook? I never even shut my gas off when transporting mine. You should be looking at cleaning carbs and that's it. Two grand for a ring job I can see that on a twin but not on a single cyl. In the future put gas stablizer in the tank for a long time. Rust out? I think not; correct me if I'm wrong but don't they get scuffed up to having to replace them (ei. pulling in dirt etc...) or wore out? Could they mean pitting? Call kawi customer service and ask em if a cyl. can rust out when the bike have never been underwater?

Old 01-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

never put it in more than a half foot of water no mud nothing.. thats what they said we had them in storage units.. dunno.. too late to stop it.. they already worked on it.. but apparently the seal wouldnt hold compression and would be 120 one day and go to 70.. they took the head off and like i said they said the wall came in peices.. dunno

Old 01-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

uh uh uh bump

Quick Reply: my 4-wheeler catasterphy