Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Web cam or Penland cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web cam or Penland cam

Go over to atvnation.com and look under the HMF thread, they mentioned that a few weeks back Mike was up there helping design their new Penland signature series HMF system, so I guess Penland racing has a new sponsor, I had a HMF on my 650 and they are better and more durable than the BG........I have a question about the web and penland cams for the stock bore 650/700, some have said that the web and penland cams are NO different than the stock V force cams no more lift just the same timing which is about 10 degrees less than the praire cams to help in the mid and top, other have said that the web and penland cams have slightly more lift but are timed the same as the stock praire cams.....anyone know for sure??? because IF they are the same as the V cam's ronayers has stock v force cams for $75.00 each i think, and if anyone has done this already, what is the result of simply putting a set of stock V cams in the P700???? I assume you gain more mid and top end power but do you lose any noticable bottom end?? AGAIN Mickey thank you for taking time out of your scedule to talk with us every now and then, you are a class act and i wish more shop owners were like you, giving great advice and service, one day I'll have the money for your big bore kit, I would love that V force 785 kit in my Prairie if it would work.......comments on my cam question's from anyone will be appreciated

Old 02-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

stakk talk to n2xlr8n he has deg his stock cams in a p700 this makes them the same as the v-force cam swap
the web/penland cams are 10deg more duration and .020" more lift then the v-force cams

Old 02-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks red, I guess you already answered the question, with 020' more lift I can see where the web's/would give a little more gain than just plain stock V cam's but 150 bucks for the V cams sound like a good deal since degreeing the stocker's seems a little out of my league, I think I heard that you have re-timed yours also, or did i here wrong? I guess what I'm asking is would the performance of the extra lift that the web's give at I think 250-275 per set be worth the extra money than simply sticking in stock Kaw V cam's???? What would you do? Your opinion matter's to me as you are someone who know's what they are doing in term's sqeezing the most out of these engines......and one last thing red, I don't know how tight you and Alltoys are but he has said that a performance CDI for the Pra is finally only about a few months away, what do you know about this? Is it a canadian made unit or has MSD came through for us?????

Old 02-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

They are $75 each? Times 4, that's $300, right?

Old 02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: STAKK
I guess what I'm asking is would the performance of the extra lift that the web's give at I think 250-275 per set be worth the extra money than simply sticking in stock Kaw V cam's????
Not in my opinion. .020" is not alot of lift, and the duration difference is such that unless you know how the cams' set up, it's useless information. Unless you are trying to build a racer such as a 785 from FST, I'd slap a set of VForce cams in it, 10* key, and let 'er eat. The difference is impressive. ...and as far as losing anything off the bottom....no. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

stak check my pictures it's a 650 but you will get same kind of gain
mine has ex mod snorkle and deg key plus cams deg {same as v-force}

Old 02-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Mickey,
Thankyou for letting everyone know about the PBR/Web cams controversy I have been saying for some time that the cams are the same and I have received flaque from PBR fans. I hold nothing against PBR they can do their thing and I will do mine although I do not like to be led down a rosy path just to see I have been led a stray.

Stakk,
It is true a new cdi is on its way for the Prairie and for the V Force should be early spring I would think. There are few companys that are in the race and it will interesting to see who comes out with it first. A degree will not be needed with this new product and it will be a plug and play system!!!!!

Old 02-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mickey Dunlap....it seems you have a real problem with the Penlands...wonder why...could it be that getting spanked by the PBR riders for a LONG time running now has finally caused you to stoop to this level....quite frankly....its making you seem quite biased and ignorant. Dunlap...you and Mike go way back..I would expect more out of you than this garbage..his results and Kilby's speak for themselves..and they are both off to a kickin start this year..wouldnt you say. Sour Grapes are just that...sour...never have I seen the Penlands online bashing folks like you have done here...very uncalled for...I wonder if I called you and asked you a ton of questions...would you spend an hour on the phone with me..and not charge me..would you offer up free advice..the key word being free.....better yet..would you let me test out something before I decided I wanted to buy it...I think we both know the answer...and you are right..I am glad Mike is THE ambassador for ATV riding....with attitudes like you two have demonstrated I am sure the sport of ATV's would be flourishing...perhaps both of you should spend more time in RD and trying to figure out how the PBR riders dominate every race they are in...instead of bashing them and screwing with a mans business. Web Cams..PBR CAms...your cams...thier cams...your springs..thier springs...come on man..everyone knows where the springs come from..etc..etc.....Mike doesnt make his own Exahust systems..etc..etc..etc...everyone resells stuff..its part of doing business...if he designed his cams..and someone else cuts them...they are still his cams...if he marks them up..he has gotta pay the bills...and per Mike...if someone is using his grind and selling cams....they dont have his permission..yours perform better...and are different...his performs better and are different...let the results speak for themselves...no need to bash folks...altho..was I just guilty of that..lol...yup..I just hate to see someone get blind sided by less than honerable intentions by competitors of the Penlands...last few words and I will wait to respond...earn your business before you try and steal another mans!! BTW..nice pic in DirtWheels..lmao....priceless.

Flame AWay..but bring a big Torch...

Old 02-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Goggleyed...PBR won all races at the ATV Olympics..as well as the 12 hours of AMERICA...they guy has worked wonders on my ATV as well as a few guys I ride with. Nicest guy in the world...both him and Morris...his brother. Mike does have HMF as a sponsor now...which I was glad to see...and HMF should be coming out with a signature HMF Penland pipe for the PRairies and V-force if I am not mistaken. I dont know what the changes are or will be......the thing that impresses me about Penland is how open with info he is...ask..he will tell...run something buy him...he will tell what he things...open..down to earth...a machine on the race course and a very god fearing man...ever wonder why he doesnt stick around long after the Saturday AM races...he drives back in time to teach his Sunday School Class...can you say role model for the young guns...

Alltoys..I see you are still jumping on the anti PBR bandwagon...sigh...sad..very sad..

Old 02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

speaking about sour grapes.....lol

Quick Reply: Web cam or Penland cam