Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 update

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 update

For all you 360 owners out there(see below for my mods) Everything I have done so far has been worth it (only about $200.00 in mods) . The Nyroc muffler mod was not the same on the 360 muffler but I cut off back and drilled 6 3/8" holes 12" deep through baffles and 2 holes up through muffler inlet (from the front) I brazed back of muffler back on and bike still sounded the same. I cut back off again and took packing out of baffle and rebrazed and it still sounded the same. I then drilled stock tailpipe out (about a 1" hole) and enlarged hole and brazed in a 1 1/2" copper plumbing elbow from Lowes(with outlet facing down like a Polaris) and now bike sounds awesome. Not too loud, just about perfect.

The Black epi spring was next and it made starting out from a stop very snappy. Dial a jet and twin air made my midrange power come on instantly, but did absolutely nothing for top end. I tried dial a jet first at middle setting and bike ran great. I bumped it up to one richer and noticed top end a little sluggish. I am now at leanest setting(large hole) and seems about perfect (will do spark plug diagnosis when outside temps warm up a little.

All in all mods are great. I would not trade my low and mid performance right now for top end. I have considered trying an offset flywheel key but am afraid it would effect my low and midrange negatively. Dial a jet is harder to adjust on a 360 because in order to put it near the carbureator I have to remove gas tank to adjust it.
My test track is a 1000ft paved driveway that starts on a 50' downhill than a gradual uphill until the last 100' which is a steep section. WFO from start of driveway to top of hill peaks at about 42 mph on slight uphill then quickly dies at top of steep to about 28 mph. But I did a run in low range and bike stays at solid 30 mph at top of hill. Seems to me that engine timing is restricting it from peaking any faster in high range.
All the horsepower gains they claim from dial a jet- aircleaner- and muffler are overly exagerated, but they do make a little bit of difference. Definitly sounds better. If someone doesnt soon figure out how to get a little more top speed (without sacrificing any low end, I'm changing my name to Slowassmollases.

Old 02-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

What model # dial a jet did you get? I looked at their web site and it did not list the Prairie 360. Would you reccomend getting the remote mount to access it better?

Old 02-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

hey centerpunch
dont know nuthin about the remote mount kit?? Call Thunder Products and talk to Lon, you can find their number after typing dial a jet into yahoo or any search engine---he will set you up with the right one. Cost me a little over $100.00----I purchased snorkle kit and a tpi valve for the lid of the airbox.

I dont think there is any other way to mount it on the 360---directions said to put it in airbox but I think they were for the 650 and 700 Prairie. It is a pain to get to, but I dont think I will be adjusting it too often.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the information.