Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dial-A-Jet tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dial-A-Jet tuning

mikey;

Use the hollow metal cutter that comes with the kit.

It is hollow so when you turn it my hand and cut through, the rubber is trapped in the center, so as not to get down in the carb.

Doesn't matter where you mount, I mounted mine where it was the easies to get at to change settings.

Old 02-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Guys i talked to ann, Lonn's wife and she said not to mount the snorkle tubes by the snorkle.... does that make sense? (Don't mount the daj snorkle tubes next to the intake...napa #7335 or stock or dg...... depending on what one you have.) She said that the snorkle needs atmospheric pressure to work properly........ i plan on mounting mine up by the handle bars where it has atmospheric pressure but doesn't have air getting sucked into the snorkle.

Old 02-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Lonn's wife told you is exactly what the DAJ instructions say...it says do NOT place DAJ snorkels near the opening of the air box snorkel b/c of atmospheric changes it creates...However, I am still thinking of mounting them somewhere in that area (but not directly in front of that opening) so that I can just pop off the little plastic fender cover (located directly over the radiator cap) to clean the little DAJ snorkel filters. If you place the snorkels up in the handlebars and you still have the plastic handle bars cover, you will have to remove the plastic cover every time you want to clean the DAJ snorkel filters (that would be a pain after a while)....UNLESS you can somehow rig it to be able to pull down the snorkels from beneath the handlebars to access the DAJ filters and then run them back up into the handlebars area when you are done...not sure how to do that tho.

Good luck and Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shotgun,
Thank you for the advice...didn't realize that cutting tool had a hollow tip on the end until you said something. Say, didn't you originally mount your DAJ without air snorkels??? Have you ever gone back and mounted the air snorkels? If so, did it make a difference in performance?

ONE THING THAT CONCERNS ME IS THE TINY FILTERS ON THE DAJ SNORKELS!!! ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ADD FOAM AIR FILTER OIL ??? ALSO, IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD GET CLOGGED UP EASILY IF YOU DRIVE IN A DUSTY AREA FOR A LITTLE WHILE....DO WE HAVE TO CLEAN THOSE TINY FILTERS AFTER EVERY RIDE? (oops, sorry about the capital letters there.) So what do ya'll think???

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

I'm running mine without the snorkel, I bought them but didn't mount them.