Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tire choice on P700

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire choice on P700

I pick up my P700 on monday. The dealer will give me 40 bucks a tire for the stockys if i want to upgrade. I'm thinking 26" mudlites.
Any suggestions???

Old 02-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

26 in mudlites are gonna be my next tire!! I love my holeshot atr's, so im gonna mount some 26 mudlites on my stock rims and put my atr's on some c series wheels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When i get the $$$$$ of course.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Nice choice, also look at kenda bear claws, 6ply tire, little heavier than mudlites but also a nice choice imo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Depends on the terrain you ride the most?? I like the 26" Mud Lites and if you do get them go with 26-10-12s all the way around! There
good for soft terrain, deep mud and snow,, I feel for an all around Tire you cant beat the Maxxis Big Horns! They hold up the Best in rough rocky terrain are the Best for racing and also do very well in the snow and mud. What ever you do you might wanna watch trading with your dealer if they do your service?? They can and do use tire size to void your warranty. Ive been having some challenges and good thing my big Horns where 25" They tried yo play that card when a problem came up.. Just something to think about? ~cc

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
V-Force
250R
And a bunch of other Toyz

Old 02-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

The guy at the dealer says i won't have a problem with warranty. I got the 3 year extended deal, and was told it covers everything but brakes, tires and belt for 3 years. He wanted me to go bigger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Get 28's and be done with it. I'm still kicking myself for getting the 26" Bearclaws. Can't wait to burn them off and get the 28's...

Old 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

For an all-around tire for it should be mudbugs. I cant say one bad thing about these tires. They are the best IMO.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Mudbugs? My brother only got about 6000km on his and they were toast. The mudrunners are a good tire for milage. I run 589 28 for winter only because you can not play as much with the bigger heavier tires.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

I put 27" Mud Lites & c series wheels on my p700 and love them. I havn't been able to ride in anything but snow yet but mud season is soon. They look great and have tons of traction! I do get some very slight rub on the front when turned all the way to one side and the suspension is compressed. I think its rubbing on the rubber on the front bumper. Its not enough yet for me to be worried about trimming the rubber yet.

Old 02-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

you will get more mileage out of a mudbug than a mudlite........ Mudbugs will also be a better all round tire thn the lite. Lites are a good replacement tire that is cheap and offers good traction, but they will wear faster than most tires.

My vote for an all round tire would be the 27" Mudbugs. They are lighter than most 26" tires. Will mud with ANY tire exept the pure mudders (EDL, Outlaw, Mudzilla) and trail ride as good as anything accept the radials (ATR, Bighorn, Badlands). The only way to get a better tire is to get a tire that has a specific purpose in mine like trial riding or mud riding. Then you will lose performance in another area. That's why i have a set of ATR also.......for better performance when i'm going to be strictly trail burning and no mud.

Heres the tire specs from HL's website. Tire Spec Sheets. You can compare weights of many tires and rims on that page.

there is just 3 thenths of a pound difference between the 27/12/12 mudlite and mudbug......

People with lites will say they are a better tire.........people with bugs will say they are a better tire.......I felt the bugs are the best all round tire ever since i bought the rancher. They will probly be teh only tires i buy for my bikes from know until a better one comes out.

Now with all that said,

With so many choices out there and so many different riding style, one tire will never suite everyone's needs. Mudbugs are best for most of my riding situations.........Outlaws my be better for some and Bighorns better for others. You need to look at you riding condition and the way you ride then make you own decision.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do mudbugs or mudlites fit good on the stock wheels? I like the way the mudlites fit on the itp c-series wheels because the rims are 'inside' the tire and it keeps the wheels from getting damaged. I guess my question is will the mudlites on a stock rim still fit the same they do on the itp wheels?

Quick Reply: Tire choice on P700