Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Had the Dealers' p700 with track kit for 2 days!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the Dealers' p700 with track kit for 2 days!!!

Yes! there is definitely power loss! I personally don't know any of the guys who bought these tracks. Call Sleds and ask Jason. he's a friend of mine and he's the mechanic there(knows his stuff!!) He can tell you how much power loss and other info. I found that we could still get 88km/h through unbroken trail down a slight hill.....not a true 88 but we were flyin' right along in about 2 1/2 feet of fresh snow! Jay Can tell ya more! all I know is it's a blast.

Old 02-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Jason

A guy i ride with sell them and in a side by side test, him with ad boivin tracks and me with 28"mudlites
i top out at 90kpm and he was only 1-1/2 bike lenghs behind me and not falling back but keeping with me.

Hope this helps MURPH

Old 02-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

I personally have seen these 2 track kits, the Boivin kit has a 24" drive gear so u only loose about 10% of your speed on a 2wd and 20% on a 4wd(only 10 mph or so). The TJD kit is sold by kimpex I think(its on their home page) and it has a 14" drive gear so it reduces your speed a little more, Both of these kits are good kits but I would lean more towards the Boivin one due to less speed loss for groomed snowmobile trail riding.

I have a couple of questions about the tjd kit if u dont mind answering them BROWNSTR,

1)How does the tracks do in soft powder?(does it sink or does it float well)
2)Do u have to have your atv in 4wd all of the time or can u put it in 2wd on hard pack trails?
3)How are the tracks for backing up?(do they dig down like a snowmobile)
4)How are the tracks for climbing hills off trail?(do the atv loose power/belt slip on long pulls or does the quad motor right along until u bog down)

Thanks
Mike M

Old 02-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Range Rover

Mike, I'll answer your questions as best I can......1)they seem to float very well on soft powder, I thought they would sink badly but they don't seem to at all....just a guess but I'd say at any given time no matter what the snow type we were in, only down about 5 to 6 inches max. 2) I never had the bike out of 4 wheel drive so that I can't answer, I'd suspect no problems in 2 wheel drive on a snow packed road or groomed trail....but I'd leave it in 4 cause going off the trail is so much fun, one may forget and dial her off the trail to play and 2 wheel drive might bog down. 3)These things back up great...a few times we tried backing up huge plowed up banks of soft snow and if it didn't slowly back up it, a little run for it and more throttle got up it no prob. real wicked traction backing up but doesn't seem to dig you down alot! 4) there was nothing that we encountered that the tracks couldn't eat for dinner!! We went to where we thought we we're gonna really test these tracks. A huge hill that has lots of steep ravines of to the side. this hill to follow the trail to the top is about 2 miles of twisting road and wide open fields where the snow we knew would be drifted bad. anyways even with two of us on the 700, it didn't matter how steep the hills were, and all were completely unbroken as far as trail goes(about 4 feet of fresh powder snow) we climbed anything and everything with ease. Like I said before I got off the machine once to find my self waist deep in snow, so these tracks are wicked. we were out for 13 hours on Saturday and never had any belt slippage or anything like that, we had the throttle pinned many times and were motoring along really quickly......just be prepared to be covered in snow cause the tracks throws snow like a snowblower!! All I can say is that no one will be dissapointed with these things, they work awesome and It's a guaranteed Blast..........my 650 will be equipped next winter for sure.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks alot BROWNSTR Ive been really interested in the track kits for a while, with a reply like that it makes alot more sence to have an atv tracked out than to also own a snowmobile.(own one expensive toy not two)

Awesome answers, Thanks
Mike M

Old 03-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I used 4wd first and the steering was hard. Once I tried 2wd steering was easy and never got stuck go figure. 2wd is the way to go!!!! 2wd doesn't like slush thou and it doesn't get stuck in it it's just hard to steer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]