Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

700 Prairie equiped with Dyna CDI wins 6 Hours Of ATV America, Texas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 Prairie equiped with Dyna CDI wins 6 Hours Of ATV America, Texas!!!

Congrats Jim!

It's good to get feedback on an upcoming product from another reliable source.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

shotgun,,, yes we will still be in the same class with the 785. The Utility class in the 12 and 6 hour races is open! It would be nice for some of the smaller cc utilitys to have their own class but they are concerned about having too many class's and with the smaller cc quads being slower they are worried about accidents!

newbeatle,,, We are still the little guys, we have just been very lucky to get the wonderful support of the big guys! LOL!!! If you come to *any* of the Iowa ATV harescrambles you will without a doubt see at least one of the five Prairies we will be racing this year and more than likely you will see four of them!

SgtRock,, It was great to get to try out one of them CDI's you have talked about soo much, even better was the fact that it performed way better than I had expected and now I can't wait to get a few of our own. The one I had is already gone so it's back to the slow boring stock CDI!!!! LOL!!

Old 02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Wait until you get to run w/ 33* instead of 31* ;-) I'm really glad to see some other commentary coming out besides just Alltoys and I. It's frustrating to wait for the production unit but tests like your race let everyone know it's worth the wait.

My 766 is running as of this evening so I didn't send my CDI out for Rutwad to test. I hate to back out, but now that you've run with it you see why I didn't want to part with it while the bike is running.

I can't wait to run it with the 766! Break in started today and will continue over then next few weeks. Hopefully I can get out to run with Marylandatv on one his runs in March. Only problem I need to solve is hauling enough fuel.

Peace,
Sgt_Rock

Old 02-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

Sgt;

Let us know how that 766 is running.

PW....what's this FD Racing....D comes before F in the ala...lol

Old 02-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

It's kinda funny you should ask that shotgun, we have been asked that several times and we're thinking about making shirts that ask,,,
Who is FD Racing???

Fort Dodge Racing?** (because we are from Fort Dodge of corse)

Fully Disfuntional Racing?

F*#@ing Dummies Racing? ( This is the one most people like)

We have a list of names but in the end it is

***Fleege Dahl Racing!****
Bob Fleege,, Jim Dahl

I thought it up on the way to the Texas race and put Bob first because without him buying that first 650 Prairie we would never have started this team!

If any of you have more ideas to add to the who is*** FD Racing*** please send away, we will have a whole T shirt to fill up! LOL!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

PW;

I was just kidden with ya....didn't know what Bob's last name was until I looked at ATVGurl's pic's....then I figured it out.

I have a feeling people will know who FD racing is before it's all over...good luck.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

Wow. Congratulations!

Not to drag your success off topic, but (being a newbie) do you experience any cooling issues with the 785? Have you upgraded the cooling system in any way? I ride alot of slower trails (15-25 mph is flying) with intermittent straights and I had heard that cooling a big engine might be a possibility. Any input? Thanks in advance for your time.

Old 02-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer

congrats to you guys n gurls @ FD racing
keep up the good work....the more hot utes out there the more products that will be made by the big companies....
a real benefit to everyone

Old 02-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

what number were you
Prairiewrench

Old 02-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Our number in the 6 hour race is the same as the one we used in the 12 hour race. 515 . We raced under the team name of Diamond G Racing in the 12 Hour race.

We have not raced my 785 yet but we have never had any cooling troubles. We ran a stock engine in the 12 hour race and in the 6 hour race. Mine, the 785 will be raced in PA at the GNCC race coming up by Tom Farr. We are going to mod Oldmanwheelers with Web cams and high comp. pistons for the next 6 hour race in Macon, Georgia which has now been scheduled for May 8th and along with a new CDI it should really fly!

Quick Reply: 700 Prairie equiped with Dyna CDI wins 6 Hours Of ATV America, Texas!!!