Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Sand Star on V-Force ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Star on V-Force ?

How do they work ? I have heard the fronts are twitchy , and the backs aren't strong enough or the v-blade doesn't work well with higher HP. Then again Dirt wheels said they are great. Anyone had good or bad luck with them ?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

I only have the rears. I haven't decided if the front is the best design so I may not get the sand star fronts... but the rears hooked up in Pismo pretty welll... in fact it was hard to get a good roost instead it just wanted to wheelie. But opinions vary.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Sand Star rears. I love them. I could not find a hill at Glamis that I could not climb......from a standing start pointing up hill! I have some pics with the 22" Sand Stars on my V.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

How do the stock fronts work while being pushed by paddles? I wouldn't mind some understeer, I heard the front sand stars might work too good. (might have been an improper offset issue)

Old 03-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer

i have sand stars on rear and the pred is not at all stock so far they are holding up well great hook up had to go from sidewinders sprocket back to the stock gearing to try and keep the wheeleying down but it still does

Old 03-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

My holeshot fronts tracked well at medium or high speed being pushed by the sand stars. At slow speed there was some understeer but I was never bothered by it. There was never a time when I couldn't turn where I wanted to go. I am interested in getting some fronts for sand but I'm not in a hurry because the holeshots are working fine.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flashturbo
... But opinions vary.
Tis true [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Rear Sand Stars are fairly good, and certainly alot better than stock tires, and even slightly better than Ghekos, which are structurally similar. You can certainly find paddle tires that hook up better if you want to spend more money though.

The front Sand Stars are great though, and are arguably the best front sand tires on the market right now. The dual rib adds weight to the front tires, but also adds some strength to the tire carcass itself, so the tire is a bit stiffer and provides noticably more precise handling. I say this because I took three sets of front sand tires to Dumont, and tried them all. The Sand Stars out performed either the Kenda ribbed tires or the AMS ribbed tires.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

just tried out the new front sand stars with 24" extremes on the rear. much improvement over stock itp's. turns exceptionally through trails and holds a true line at high speeds. Im very happy with the sand stars.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Pistonman I have the same setup as crispapy,24inch extreme straight blades,the sand star fronts are a must,if your side hilling with stock tires you won't be able to turn uphill. I had v shaped paddles at one time,they are great for playing follow the leader and for all around sliding which the straight blades won't do. If you want to hill climb go with straight blades, as for the sand star fronts the first time I used them I ended up face down in the sand, they really hook up over stock so be careful the first time, When I order them ITP seems to ship them with an offset wheel so specify what you want before they ship.
PS I had my Vforce at 68MPH on GPS with the front sandstars,they are very stable.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

I had 21" Sand Skates rear and 22" Razor Back front on one of my KFX's and the new Sand Stars 22" front and rear on the other. I have tried Gecko's, V Edge, Haulers and 20" Sand Stars. The 20" Sand stars were the best 20" tires. I feel the Sand Skates are the best but the 22" Sand Stars are a close second and look way cool with the C-series rims on my Carbon Fiber KFX. I feel the Razor Back are the best front tires the Sand Stars fronts bite too hard at low speeds.