Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New clutch....25% gain???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch....25% gain???

I don't know Shotgun, 2 weight and 2 spring choices to cover everything from a Polaris 250 4x4 to the V-Force.

I was looking at this for my Scrambler when it first came out, but I saw a few posts about people having trouble dialing them in and I remember one by Helix that said you weren't going to get any more top speed out of it without some work to the sheeves. Maybe do a search in the Polaris forum and come up with that post.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Kevin,

I agree not many choices on that page, but it was designed by Comet for Wolfe brothers raceing, for drag raceing, I would think with their claim of 25% performance gain that there must something there.

Because it is a comet clutch, the polaris type springs and Kawa type springs should work...there would be a learning curve because of it being a three pole.

That's why I'm glad we have people like Dale @ Dalton, (Helix) on this forum. No better information than from the people that makes the product. I hope he posts to see what he has to say.

I'll do a search and I think I'll give Wolf a call. Can't hurt.

I think I'll post a question on the Polaris forum, I'll see if they run me off...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

comet makes an awesome clutch,snowmobiles,polaris and thats still the same no kawi till at least mid summer. i called and thats what they said. talked to 2 different people. i also called the place thats selling them and she is just there for sales.i'v also emailed there tech support. will keep all informed. COMET CLUTCH, I WISH.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

schl48a

Just making sure I understand your post, are you saying they don't make the 103 clutches for a kawasaki yet?

FYI clutches that we have now are Comet.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Range Rover

correct they (comet) won't be done with it till middle of summer.
shotgun i believe comet mentioned something about permission
from kawi. after they said no (about the clutch) i didn't pay attention.
thats nice to know they made the clutch for are quads. thanks for that tidbit of info.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

That may be the important part. The clutch may fit, but Comet just doesn't want to step on Kawi's toes.

I guess I'll be the guinea pig.....

I have a hard time thinking that Kartworld would intentionally misadvertise like that.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

don't buy one till i get a email back from there tech guy.(kart world)

Old 04-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

As SHOTGUN mentioned above, I wish TEAM Performance would make a clutch for our Kawi's. I installed TEAM's clutch in the 2004 Sportsman 700 I had and there was DEFINITELY an increase in performance....this one did have EBS also. TEAM.....you listening???.....hello!!!.....TEAM clutch + Kawi's = [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I've got one.
I recently replied to a post on the polaris side regarding this(maybe someone who knows more about computers than me can drag it over here),lol.
The one I have is for polaris,so I assume the spider is wound the wrong way to be on the other side like a KAWIE. They are a good clutch if you know how to work them.
I may weld the spider a bit and try it on the v this summer just to see,I'm sure it would work with some fooling around.I know the taper is ok because I just built a new hub for my buddies dyno so that we can reverse it to work on a kawi(engine crank dyno).

Old 04-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
schl48a

Just making sure I understand your post, Shotgun are you're saying clutches that we have now are Comet.
650 and 700 old and new clutches? would it be cheaper to buy direct?

Quick Reply: New clutch....25% gain???