Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Top speeds with Dyna cdi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speeds with Dyna cdi?

im not going to buy a cdi until its tested against the DG3 but how can i achieve more top speed(we have some wie open race spots) w/o having to tear down the motor or make my p700 unreliable, any clutch springs or something that make more topend cause i have plenty low and mid but i top out at 69 and i want more but i have a little money and was gonna put it towards improving my top speed so ANSWER please

Old 04-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

STOMPER... if you were willing to give up the KBEC ( or if Dale at Dalton says that you can press the KBEC bearing into his cover ), you could gain 1-2 mph with the additional machining in the cover ( said to help use up that magic "1/4 inch" of primary sheeve that most quads don't use ) this is really the only way to make your quad go faster ( top end ), other than freeing up the engine to run higher rpm's...

Old 04-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mike , are you gonna get the cdi? I think I read that you were waiting on the tax man or somthing like that.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

BILT... yes the CDI is 1st on the list...but , unfortuneatly I'm not waiting on a return, I'm waiting to resupply funds, after emptying all the bank accounts to pay him off...LOL...gotta get everything covered... April 15th is right around the corner...

Old 04-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got the cdi today and will post as soon as I get a chance to ride it.I dont think I will be posting on top speed anytime soon as my bike drives like crap above 60,with the tires that are on it now.Mabey I wasted my money on the cdi when I really rarely ride that fast.I just had to have it cause I ride with 4 prairies and wanted to be the fastest. lol
When I got the HL module I out ran a P700 about 4 bike lengths in 50 yards or so.My tires were a little taller than his too.So I am excited to try him again.Later

Old 04-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

schl48a,
I don't have a set of EGR's, my tach is a Daytona that my wife got me for X-mas! She missed understood me when I said Digatron, she suprise me with it and ordered it through my dealer. So I kept it and it works great, I am sort of glad I didn't have to run some thermocouples anyway! This past Sunday for my B-day she got me a set of lime green shock covers, is that a great wife or what? Anyway enough with the wife!

I have talked with Alltoys about egt's. He use to have a set on his machine and he was running over 10,000rpms. I think I will try a couple of the welding temperature sticks. 1500* does seem high! Maybe settle for 1350* to 1400*?

Stomper,
69 is great for a stock machine! I still have a 1/2 on the front sheave with a Dalton face plate. I shall see what that last 1/2 inch gives me when I put on the modded Alltoys clutch. With my streched out 360 belt it will go right to the edge!
Your stock machine may not be able to push the belt up completely to get all out of the face plate! Give Dale a call and see what he thinks? It is 150grams lighter which will give you couple more rpm's up top also. With the CDI I bet 71-72 mph might be possible?

Old 04-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

i hope so im goin to put a filter on and jet kit and maybe a better intake system of some kind and is alltoys gonna make this clutch available i think he needs to