Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

dyna fryed

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyna fryed

I was one of the first 12 to recieve they dyna fs, installed it according to directions and would not fire, put my stock cdi back in and fired up imediately. Scott was very good about it and sent me a dyna same day air as soon as he recieved my malfunctioned dyna fs back. the new one works perfect and i am very impressed with the gains. As far as i know i am the only one to have a problem like this. Went from being the first to try it to being the last . OH WELL I am also wondering about retarding my cams 10 degrees but not positive on how many teeth to skip, or if the v-force cams would do the same thing. If anbody as any advice it would be greatly appreciated, and would a v force pully be any benifit to the 650. ride on

Old 04-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default dyna fryed

lawnboy,
Retarding the cams will help but get a set of V Force race cams if you are going to get cams they work better plus have the 10* retard. Looking at your signature I am not sure what year of 650 you have. An 03 650 will not benefit from a P700 belt as they are the same belt. The newer clutch has slight differences that utilize the P700 belt but will help for longevity on the older 650.

One more thing your signature shows that you will have a Procom rectifier soon. IMO you would be better off with a module or definitely a Dyna CDI the rectifier will only give you another 1 to 2 HP a lot of expense for minimal returns. Go with a tried add on there is a good deal of information on this forum regarding these hop ups.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default dyna fryed

thank you very much for you advise, you must still be sore ,i hope you get better soon. I do have the dyna and love it will the recitfer work with the dyna . As far as the cams ,are the stock v-force cams any benifit to the 03 650, also when retarding the cams how many teeth skiped equals 10 degrees retarded. ride on

Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default dyna fryed

Lawnboy,
IMO, the rectifier is a joke just another money grab little help for money spent!!!!!! You will not need a rectifier period whether you attach it to a Dyna CDI or the stock one. Forget about a rectifier period IMO. Go with a Dyna CDI hence no more problems all the performance you will ever need in a plug and play system.

Go with V Force cams they are already retarded 10*, you don't have to worry about moving teeth or gears or what have you simple install no worrys. Have a reputable mechanic do it for you if you have second thoughts. If you are going to go with cams then venture down to Web Cams and get their performance V Force Cams they will work very well with the Dyna CDI that is if you are going to that expense in the first place. There is a lot of work to retard the OEM cams if you are not inclined then spend a few dollars to be sure of the result by installing V Force performance cams.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default dyna fryed

Thanks for the advise , procom just lost a sale, and you saved me some $$$$$$.I was also wondering i fyou could put 700 v -force heads ona 650, then buy the 800 big bore kit. Just a thought