Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

26" ATR Report

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26" ATR Report

nyroc, please get the Badland radials before two weeks. I would love to try them out on your p650. I said it from the beginning, from the looks, specs and description the Badland radials should be an excellent all around tire choice. In normal trail mud I bet they will do better than the ATRs. Remember I told you Saturday the ATRS were no better than the stockers in normal trail mud.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

yeah the atr's stink in the mud!!!! I also had a set of 25" outlaws. they tore up the mud but anything else and they weren't very good choices........sold them and bout the 27" bugs. Now the bugs woun't handle quit as well as the atr's but as far as running rings around me with atr's.........i doubt that. Remember i have them both. the frist little mudhole atr's would come to and i'd laugh while going back and forth roosting the hell outta them!

When i get my hands on 27 or {{{swoon}}} 28" bighorns!!!! i'll hang with atr's on the trails and totaly destroy them in anything resembling mud! heck i might even wanna sell the bugs...........but i seriously doubth that!!! we may find out as soon as early fall!

sledheadrich The initial run of Radial Bighorns had problems holding air and to a lesser extent some were out of round. Maxxis replaced all the leaky bighorns with new ones (either Radial or Bias whichever the customer wanted). I think the problems were only with the first batch of radials. All the replacement tires maxxis sent out were A-1 perfect from what i've heard. Also as far as i know Maxxis has disscontinued production of the Bias-ply and thy plan on making 26 and 27 sizes. I'm petitioning (not really but would pay good money for a set) hard for 28/10/12 and 28/12/12 Radial Bighorns. I don't give a damn how heavy they are!!! I have a bully of a bike that could handle 33" boggers!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] well maybe not. Maxxis is also working hard to reduce the weight on the radials. Could you friggin imagine how bad *** a 28" Bighorn would look! The 25" look like warmed over hell, 28's would be sick!!!!!

l8r
cart

Old 04-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

Originally posted by: nyroc

However, I am just about ready to order a set of Carlisle Badland XTRs. The reviews say they are lighter yet durable. They handle extremely well, and are well suited for a wide variety of terrain. They also cost less than the ATR. The Badland's description sounds exactly like the ATR, however, I think the Badland tread pattern might be slightly better for mud traction.

I searched around and can't find any info about them on the forum. The ATV magazines reviewed new SP700s with this tire on them and they said good things. I am not sure if I can take that as fact, the magazines are some of the biggest spreaders of falsehoods.
I asked the question several times on the Polaris forums; not a lot of responses but the ones I got were positive. They should work better on the Prairie; 100lbs less to carry around. nyroc - check all the local Polaris dealers for the Badlands - quite a few Polaris buyers are removing the radials in liu of something more aggressive. You might be able to get a good buy on a set of take-offs.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

I will buy new ones. Which tire store has the best customer support in case I get defects?

Old 04-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

Kod et all, you are too quick with your assumptions. Just because I list 27" outlaws in my profile, does that mean it's the only 27" I've tried? Nope. As you posted, outlaws are not a handling/performance tire, they have one thing in mind, serious mud, and do a great job at that. Trying to go fast on them is a scary thing!

Cartman - please follow me, the z400, raptor, and dirtbikes I ride with through 45mph powersliding turns with 27 bugs! I'll bring the ambulance! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

Sorry to assume that lightman.

nyroc, Big Buck ATV handled my ATR tire return very promptly and without trouble. The entire exchange was free for me. I orderd my tires on the c-series wheels. Only the tire was defective but they sent me a whole new wheel and tire. Very friendly service also.

I guess its possible to find a better price if you look hard enough but you cant beat their service.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default 26" ATR Report

i've followed them all with my bugs and ain't broke nothin yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img].....granted it's much easier on the ATR's but not impossible on bugs.