Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my V radiator leaks, can i........

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my V radiator leaks, can i........

.........put some of that stop-leak stuff in it while i save 4 bills for a new one? it leaks a little and then stops so it must be a tiny hole. didn't know if that stuff was bad for quads or not. thanks.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

That stuff never works well. Don't do it. A radiator shop should be able to fix it well enough to not need to buy a new one.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Higgs, are you positive it's the radiator leaking? Could it be a hose connection?

Old 05-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Range Rover

yeah it's the rad, been lucky to get this far out of it, sure has taken some hits from all the crashing i did in the beginning hehe. it no longer drips, it pours. gonna take it out and see if i can get it fixed 'till i save my pennies for an IMS. the cheapest i can get a new stocker is $450, i'll get the IMS for $400! always go with the upgrade! just sux that it breaks right in the beginning of prime ridin' weather!

Old 05-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

$$$$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] That is a bummer.

Old 05-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: higgsV
just sux that it breaks right in the beginning of prime ridin' weather!
We are just comming out of our prime ridin' weather! It is over 105 out in the desert! Our prime ridin' weather is from fall to spring. We have to stick to mountain trails.

Old 05-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Higgs, how are those Duncan's doing for you? Did you ever get to compare as far as before and after racing?

Trending Topics

Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

only seat of the pants......i bought the mid to high and noticed a worthy gain all over the powerband, wheelies everywhere, can let off if needed on big banks-crack back on and actually have power, doesn't fall on it's face after midrange anymore-pulls to the top. very loud, my quad is the loudest around, i ALMOST feel bad about it's noise but it sounds sooo good, cross between a harley and a small block chevy, i'm sleeping fine at night.........i got radared on the ice, stock pipe, with studs, 22" klaws on itp t9s at 70mph. then on tar with pipe, 22" realtors on stock wheels at 73mph. i'm not sure how of a difference the heavier realtors and temperature makes. that day a 440ex went 71, 450r went 72 and 83 for a 686 rappy, figured i'd throw that info in for kicks. i rode a stock v back to back with mine and feel that mine has a substantial gain in power. i still want a yfz.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

I put some of that Stop-Leak into my KLR-650's radiator, and promptly went from leaking to overheating. Maybe it works in a car, but I'm never putting that junk in one of my bikes again.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

FYI...NYROC... I had my radiator professionaly repaired last year, ( just before my rebuild )... see the connection... the aluminum & plastic radiator did not take the repair well, & after mudding, I just assumed that it was OK... next thing my heads are warped, & I'm talking to Mickey Dunlop... I did try to install a Dodge Neon radiator in mine, & that may have worked, but the damage to my engine was already done... don't put the stop leak in, it will cause more problems, than it fixes, also if you decide to have the radiator repaired by a shop, keep a very close eye on it... the 1st mud & following radiator wash out, & mine was leaking again...

Quick Reply: my V radiator leaks, can i........