Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Ohlins for V update

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohlins for V update

Ohlins suspension update:

Disappointment. Evidently Ohlins dropped the ball on my suspension; The Ohlins rep stated he'd bring my suspension to the track. He brought the rear only. I found out the morning of my race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Not a good time to find out you are racing with stock suspension. I guess I'll try another company, unless their customer service is worse than Ohlins.

Don't misunderstand me, I think Ohlins makes the best suspension out there; I just refuse to do business with a Company that doesn't keep their word, and doesn't have sense enough to call and apologize for a mistake....like it's my privilege to have the opportunity to own Ohlins suspension. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Has anyone tried the Elka Elites?

Old 05-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

Take a look at PEP or Custom Axis if you insist on boycotting Ohlins. I have Elkas. One step down from the elites. I am a big guy 6' 8" 260 lbs and the rear shock packs out something terrible. The fronts are OK but not as plush as I would have hoped for. In all fairness though, 780lbs of bike and rider flying through the whoops is a lot of mass to control.

If I had to do it all over again I would have waited for PEP to develop a setup for the V. Also, do a thread search for author 3TV. He had Elkas and then went to Ohlins and has commented how much better the Ohlins are in racing situations.(I believe he does high speed desert hare scramble type races). Ohlins seems to have addressed the rear packing out issue.

I have PM'd 3TV before with questions on my Elka setup and found him to be very willing to help. A good communicator. He will be able to clearly articulate the differences between Ohlins and Elka in writing. A real credit to this forum.

Old 05-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine, althought it did take 3 weeks...But I do love them....

Old 05-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone have a picture of the Ohlins on their "V"???

Old 05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the help, Enigma. I'll ask around.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

check back I am working on getting some up ,pictures that is.........Buisy refinnishing my basement at the moment.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

What was the price difference between Ohlins and Elka's? I've been waiting to get the Elka's but I'm more into high speed moguled trails than MX. I'm pretty sure my rear shock died a little over the winter. I lost 25lbs since last fall and I don't remember my rear shock packing up that bad when I was heavier, you'd think with me being lighter it would be easier on the suspension.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

IIRC, the Elka Elites are ~$1500, the Ohlins are ~$1850. I've heard through certain circles that next year the Ohlins will be ~$2400......but that, I believe, depends on demand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I can't see the majority of ATVers paying that much for suspension; I'm not a market analyst, though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

the ohlins are great i know of n2 experience with them but they are awesome. i have had elka elites and custom axis. would not go back to elkas but i loved the axis well worth the money but shy on customer service. the ohlins are the best yet we did have to dial them in but then every shock needs to be personally dialed in or youre not getting your moneys worth. i also like the fact that they have a rep at the track to help . i believe you will start to see more available as when n2 went to get his they were still just getting them from overseas. if you want to see pics of them goto atvrage.com they are on my v.