Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got my new 750 Mike Penland Prairie!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new 750 Mike Penland Prairie!!!!!

Shotgun,,, we canceled our trip to Georgia due to the cost of repairs to the Prairie! We were going to Race Alex's and his is the one that hit the jumping trees! LOL!!!! We gave Penlands a break and let them win that one! LOL!!!

Marylandatv,
Actually we had to buy pieces and parts new from Kawi to rebuild the front diff because the pinion shaft side busted out of the case. I used my plastic welder to repair the plastic and took the old bumper I had from my old 650 and stuck it on it after tweaking the from of the frame back into place The radiator was probley the easiest thing to straighten! ! All this and the quad bareley had 150 miles on it!
As for mine, Tommy Far has it and has been practicing on it at Raush Creek! I got a call tonight and I guess it will have it's first race this weekend at Raush Creek! If anyone of you is there I expect a complete detailed report!

Old 05-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench~
Is he gonna be running Utility Modified Class? I was thinking of jumping in and maybe racing Rausch Creek myself? Just not sure if I wanna bang up my quad more then I already do?~lol. Im torn? Do I wanna pay and ride for two hours, Maybe?~lol, WIN BIG! Become FAMOUS! have Parts Name after ME! Get Corporate SPONSORS! Date Young BABES on the side!!~lol, or just hang out with the old washed up dudes I mostly ride with and ride for free all day?~LOL. I do most ALL of my riding around that area and know the terrain well, Back when I use to race Enduro they cut a race called The Green Marble in the same place they cut the GNCC pretty much. I tell you They seek out the Rocks!~lol and I would think next to Deep Creek Md., Rausch is one of the tougher races. If he's practicing the Rausch Creek woods Let him know The course will be cut much tighter and rockier! They wont let anyone ride it before the race, So first thing Saturday Morning say 6/7am he will wanna walk a good part of the Track, Maybe even Friday afternoon If they will let him? He wont be the only one who will be walking it. You can bet Penland and the gang will be walking it too! The first few laps he should take it kind of easy! then turn it on in the end.... There will be ALOT of Smashed up quad in this race! More then 1/2 in most classes don't do all 4 laps or finish at all. Good Luck ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
V-force --Sold
And a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 05-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

It will be an eventful day I believe,,,,, I will be here with my guys and girl!!!!!!! We have a harescramble race this weekend and I will be very busy in the pits with 4 quads racing!!! Then of corse Tommy racing mine will be in my head also,,LOL!!!!!
Tommy has raced the actual gncc track there before, he will be in racing against Scott Kilbey in the modified class,,,, unless there is a slight chance they can pass mine off as stock,,,hmmmmm!!!! LMAO!!!! No way!!!!!! I just wish I could be there but I have enuf things going on here to keep me very busy and races of our own to run and with any luck we will see a lot of victories for my team!!!
Oh, and as for you racing,,,, he!! yes do it,,,,, just remember when you win and have the babes crawling all over ya and ya just can't handle um all,,, send um my way!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Old 05-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

oK! PW, Here is my Plan! Im going up Friday! Should roll in before noon, going to run a few hours on the Rausch Woods track just to kind of get myself and quad ready! Also get in a little arm pump, been awhile sense I've made myself feel any that!~lol. If Tommy wants to run with me let him know? I would love to have somebody to chase or be chased? friday morn. Then Afterwards setting up camp, go through tech, walk the course etc. At first I was thinking of switching my quad back for stock or running senior class? But joining in on the Kilby chase sounds interesting. You know he's VERY hard to beat, Maybe I can wreck into him for you guys?~LOL How much is it worth to you?~lol- Im joking,, I cant do that to the Guy that made me my cool bumper!~lol. Im just thinking to myself? Your 4st.Tech Quad?, In that Race against PBR's fastest rider, You and Mickey up to something?~lol. I think I will be running in that class too now! Should be fun to try to follow that chase!~lol. Who knows maybe they will take each other out and give this old guy a chance to sneak by?~lol. I just hope I don't putter out and can hang with them young bucks?~lol. I've Been out of any kind of racing for a long time! But now that I've been thinking about it Im starting to get the Jitters!!!!! and Excited!!!!! Just so you know, My real goal will be to just finish 4 laps without busting up anything!~LOL. More then 1/2 wont finish So if I can do that on my First Race, I will be VERY Happy! But you know when the flag drops I'll will forget about my stinkin realistic goals~LOL. Whatever happens? It will be FuN!! Good luck on your other Races, and I will post a play by play Sunday when Im back home. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
V-Force --SOLD
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 05-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good plan to me!!! Me and Mickey up to something,,,, LOL,,, whatever would give you that idea! LOL!!!! Actually I've been helping out Dan the Carbonman in every way I can with parts and advise over the phone. He has been hitting every race, he jumped up from stock to modified and has placed 1st in one race that Kilby broke down in and he has placed second in the rest of the races he has run! Kilby is a very good racer and has a very good quad under him, I believe he can be beat fair and square but it will take a good rider to do so with a good quad,,, hopefully we have that combo! I guess we'll find out this weekend! Good luck to you and keep the tire side down!

Old 05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think Tommy is really ready yet but this will give him an idea of how far he is off, or maybe he will do alright. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well sounds like he did alright, he won by about 15 min.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
Well sounds like he did alright, he won by about 15 min.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It will be very interesting when Kilby is not "hit" from behind and taken out on the first lap.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TRX500
Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
It will be very interesting when Kilby is not "hit" from behind and taken out on the first lap.
Yes it will be interesting, but Tommy's lap times were faster even after Scott got going again and I know Tommy wasn't in good enough shape to even be out there yet, but now he knows what he has to do now.