Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force Tune up and Duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force Tune up and Duals

Hello, My V Force ( which I absolutely love to death, the best bike I have ever owned) has at least 10 hours on it. I'v heard people talking about a 10 hour inspection they had performed. What is perfromed by a Kawasaki Dealership for this service? Also would any of you highly reccomend it, and what is an average price? The manual mentions about valve lash adjustment, is this included in the service? Also, when I ride the bike at 30mph or so on dirt roads I get a vibration at the handlebars. I have never jumped or abused it, and the right front wheel seems to wobble slightly while riding, and while sitting still and moving the handlebars left to right there seems to be a slight amount of play. Does any of this sound normal or should i have it checked?

Finally, I want to put a set of duals on my V. I really like the look of Pro Circuit's, and the Factory set from Kawasaki (made by Pro Circuit). Why does the factory pipes cost $950 and PC $670? I read the factory pipes require no jetting or airbox mods, yet the PCs do. Which pipes do you all reccommend and if the PCs what is invloved in jetting the carb and airbox mod? I dont do any racing, I just want the pipes for a slight power increase, looks, and deeper sound(not obnoxiously loud).

Thanks so much for the input
Brian

Old 06-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 700..

As far as the Pro Circuits go, I can attest to to the power gain they have. Look at my pic's to get an idea of what you can do to the airbox. If you don't feel comfortable tearing into the airbox, it's not a necessity but jetting up is. I just modded my airbox because I do alot of racing. Also, if the factory pipes state that you don't have to jet up after installing them, that should tell you that they don't flow any better than the stock pipe does and it would probably be a BIG waste of money. rockymountainatv has the pc's for $611

I do all the maintence of my V myself. I have found that the stealerships like to do verry little and charge alot for doing it. The only time my bike was there was to replace a defective item covered by the warranty. If I were you, at 10 hours riding time, If your not noticing any problems, change the oil & filter and also the rear end gear oil. Good luck!!

Old 06-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

save the money and get some muzzys like $450! get a filter and at least remove stock snorkel and replace with some kind of hose.. look at my pics also for any ideas

Old 06-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

VTwiner, Thanks for the reply! Very Nice V by the way! Few questions, What do the PCs sound like are they very loud, or deep and mellow (which I prefer)? What is involved in jetting the carbs, the cost, and once jetted can I leave these settings alone? Can this be done with simple tools or is it major? Last, do I have to do any clutch spring mods in the belt housing? I again, will not be racing just trail riding, but more power and sound is always better!

Old 06-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

KFX700kid Nice 700! the Orange color is really growing on me Like the air box mod too!

Old 06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I vote for the Muzzys. (of course, I have them). They are a great pipe for the V.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I won't argue that the muzzys might pump out a little more power than the dual's, but having true dual exhaust "one pipe per cylinder"on a 4 stroke quad is exclusive to the V force and I would not go any other way. Quality of the PC's are second to none and they sound awesome. The low, mean grumble of the duals as well as the looks of the PC's are well worth the money to me.

700... As far as jetting the carbs, it could not be more simple. On the side of the carbs opposite of the black plastic, there are 4 screws in each carb that you remove with a small phillips screwdriver. Once you take the plate off, the main jets are right there! It could not be more simple! Once you get your jetting right, as long as you dont ride in an area where the altitude has drastically changed from your tuning altitude, you should be fine with leaving it alone.If your really not into performance and just want the looks and sound of the pipes with a little boost in power, you can actually leave the clutching alone even though it is really simple to work on. There's tons of info on changing the primary spring and at only$20 , it's well worth the $$.

As a warning, let me tell you that once you get familiar with how your bike works, Modding it will become very addicting! Good luck..............

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have the PC duals and love them. The sound is awsome. Sounds like a straight piped small block chevy. They are a little loud if you pin the wide open. The Muzzy's are two pipes into one muffler and don't sound as good as duals. I dont know what altitude you run at, but I am 3500 to 9000 ft. I am running stock air filter with snorkle removed with a 3" cone inlet where the snorkle was and two 11/2" holes in the airbox with 152 f -155 r main jets, and needles shimed .020". It runs perfect everywhere. I have the EPI pink sping in primary clutch. As far as the front end shimmy goes, check the front tires for out-of-round. Some of the new V's came that way. Make sure all the front end parts are tight. Check all the tierod connections and steering stem bearings. I put a Denton steering damper on mine..It made a huge difference when riding through rocks, holes and bumps. Haven't had the bars yanked out of my hands yet. And I ride very fast. It isn't hard to change the main jets. Just a phillips screwdriver and a small socket to fit the jets. If you want I can send you the complete service manual by e-mail. I have it on a CD. When you get the e-mail, just move it to a folder in MY DOCUMENTS.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Had PC duals and hands down the MUZZY runs better,looks better,and sounds like a V8.You can'nt ask for more and it weights less also.Alot easier to tune with jetting.