Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Front Wheel Bearing on the V-Force (NAPA P#'s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Wheel Bearing on the V-Force (NAPA P#'s)

Here is some new numbers for your V-Force notebooks,

I Broke my wheel bearing racing this past weekend. Pivot-Works has a complete lh-rh kit for around $32 bucks, but when I called to order they said back ordered for the V until sometime in July....then I called all the dealers within 50 miles or so, and all said , none in stock and 3 - 5 days to get them. I'm like, that ain't gonna work, so I called my local Napa store, ten minutes from my shop, we crossed referenced the bearing numbers, and "walla", he like how many you need.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

He was pretty confident in that any and most all local Napa's should have these in stock most of the time, since this is a common bearing size...... according to him.

They also seemed to be of better quality than the OEM's, the seals seemed to be a much harder urethane, than the softer rubber ones used by Kawy. They also felt slightly heavier in weight.

So if your in a jam and need a front wheel bearing for your V, and like "NOW", here are the Napa P# numbers...hope this helps ya out sometime.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Front Wheel bearings for V-Force:
Outer Bearing (smaller one) Napa P# 6202-2RSJ
Inner Bearing (larger one) Napa P#6004-2RSJ

Note: you guys running the heavy duty tie-rods, should keep an eye on these bearings. At about 150 hours on my V,..... I have went thru 2-sets, and a third replacement on my rh wheel. I think these stronger tie rods might be linked to some of the bearing failures that some have had during racing.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Wheel Bearing on the V-Force (NAPA P#'s)

That is good to know- I hammered a wheel 3 weeks ago when I landed on our Warrior(don't ride across the landing zone). Haven't ridden since,( broken hand from bar snap) Going to the Oregon dunes July 5th for a week. I think I better pick up 1 of each just in case. Thanks for the tip.