Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Exhaust Pipe Sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Pipe Sound

I am looking to purchase a new pipe for my Vforce but I am having trouble getting GOOD sound bites from each of the different pipes. I have already been to the 700V.com and the bbertram.com sites but still can't find good sound bytes for the:

Duncan Fatboy Duals
ProCircuit (426?)
Yoshi Duals

I really want something that sounds like a Harley but I don't want it to be overly loud. I prefer the look of the dual pipe setup but the sound is my number one priority. I have already listened to the Muzzys (long and extra long), HMF Duals, Dual MBRPs and DMC Aliens. I love the sound of the HMF's at idle but they get a little annoying with WOT. I also think I like the extra long Muzzy's but the sound clip wasn't as good for me to really compare. I don't care for the DMC Aliens as their pitch is to high for my taste. I also still want to remain reasonably close to legal in sound DB's if possible.

Am I leaving any other good V exhausts out? I specifically left the Big Guns out as I have read at least two different article where people complained that thiers fell apart. Money isn't the biggest issue but QUALITY IS.

Thanks in advance. You guys (and gals) are really great. How did we ever make informed decisions before the internet?

___
VTwinMan

Old 06-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

im looking for a pro-circet pipe for my kx85

Old 07-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

I'm very happy with my MBRP's and everyone that hears it loves how it sounds. I have nothing to compare it to though.

Old 07-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Trailblazer

As for the "Harley" sound, the H-D is a 45 degree V-twin, the V-Force is a 90 degree v-twin, they'll never sound the same. Sure, to the inexperienced ear, they'll sound similar, buts that's about as good as it's gonna get.
Which pipe, can't help you, got some DMC Aliens due in today, I'm told they are quite loud...not exactly what I was hoping for...but TUNEABLE, as in for H.P. YEAH BABY! H.P. is what its about

On a side note....a few measurements have been taken, and with the development of the new chain drive for a V-Force...i.e. swing arm and rear axle...it looks as though the Buell XB12R engine could be "shoe horned" into the V-F frame. TRUE H-D sound, 1200cc, 106 H.P., fuel injection, chain drive, and a 5 speed gear box.... Afterall, if you want it to sound "Harley," you may as well go all the way.
Measuring for a Twin Cam H-D, bored and stroked to 103 cu.in. (1690cc) is still ongoing....

LOL,
kliff

Old 07-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

what kind of pipe shood i get for my kx85