Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

anyone with a 650 shop manual..KOD??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with a 650 shop manual..KOD??

There is a lof of stuff in there, but it is childs play. In fact, there is no difficulty removing the rear diff except the axle nuts. Basically, the big nut inside the hub where the wheels bolt on. That nut is a beast without a good impact wrench.

Loosen the left and right right side covers and gently pound the axle out from the right (pound on right side). Axle slides out. Diff falls out. REmove all housing bolts, and gently pry apart. Clean everything, taking careful note how stuff went together.

You may want to clean the sand out of the axle seals. Also, some of the seals may not survive so you hafta order them. I reused the big gasket. I didn't see why I needed to replace it.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: therock
KISSSOFDEATH - Go to Kawasaki.com and copy and paste the blow up from there.

q]

Are they posting the Service manual online now also?

Old 08-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

No, just the parts blow ups and numbers.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

well,the jobs done..it wasnt a big deal after all just didnt have all of the parts needed..the hole in the boot was caused by the rear lip of the stock skid plate being bent up and making contact with the boot whenever the supension got compressed.bad design on Kawi's part I would say..the project isnt really for the faint off heart...but baby..it rides nice now..oh so sweet..check my pics if u wish to see what YOUR bearings probably look like....i didnt put any kind of plug in there as I was unable to locate any thing i liked...the reason I didnt use the spray foam glue is it tends to break down after a few years making a sandy grainy mess..and now that i know how to take the rear end apart ill just redo the bearings in another thousand miles..Thanks to all of the guys who offered advice and help and kudos to Nyroc for his page once again.a resource I have used more than once...lol (edit)..pics are posted,should be a short time for them to be reviewed and released..theose bearing shots are impressive..dont let this happen to you..check yours today!!)

Old 08-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Glad you got it fixed. I have 1660 miles and mine feel like they are in good shape so far. Nice pictures also.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Range Rover

/sigh and no props to little bro for helping at all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Heheh just kiddin jack, glad we got it done, now lets go ruin em again!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

oh yea,small foot note..thanks to 5th for using me and the bearing project to **** off mom by missing the vet appointment..if it wasnt for him..id still be under the machine trying to line up the GD pins..lol