Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Penland's wheels.. what are they?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penland's wheels.. what are they?

What brand are they, what size, how much$$ and where to get em?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

They are OMF beadlocks. You can get them direct from OMF. If you want ones simular to his you can look at spending between $800.00 to $1200.00 for the 4 rims!!! You can also get the rims with just renforcing rings welded in them which look very nice also and are a bunch cheaper! I have two sets of the OMF outlaw series beadlocks, they are $1200.00 a set,,, I just sold a used set of the regular OMF beadlocks for $500.00. You also may want to get ahold of Mike Penland, he has been known to sell some of his used rims!

Old 08-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Ditto Prairiewrench! On the size, I would guess Mike would have kept the stock offset? I did 12/6f 12/8r because I like a wider rear!~LOL O-YEA! butt not too wide of a rear!~LOL. I really like the rims myself and feel there worth it! But there new scalloped ring wheels do look cool! and would be something to consider because of price I guess? They can also do the outlaw look on the rings, Outlaw look is the extra holes in the rim face. omfperformance.com ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
exhaust wrap
>
Vcams
4* key
on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 08-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

wow thats steep $$

The ITP T-9 Bajas look good and strong, a whole set for around $400.. are these junk? I havent seen anyone on here with them.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

They don't make the ITP T-9 bajas in a 12" rim. The T-9 ring is also silicone glued in then crimped with part of the outer rim holding the ring in. They do look good and strong? but are a massed produced product and the quality is not the same as OMF. If you look at there web sites you can see the difference. OMF are made to order and welded to perfection, Basically top of the line. Depending on how and where you ride, You may not need the extra strong beadlocks or ring wheels? There are a lot of good looking and well made aluminum and steel rims that will do the trick for most and are worth trying first. I just picked up some Douglas 190s around 60 bucks each, So I'll have a lighter weight wheel and tire setup to run. Only difference in my riding style will be, I'll have to pick my lines a whole lot more and wont blast across the nasty rocks. Running the OMF's you really don't have to worry about any of that! Its the rest of the quad you have to worry about?~lol. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
exhaust wrap
>
Vcams
4* key
on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other

Old 08-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

I just got my omf outlaws today.They are awesome and look like they can take a pounding too.They wore $800 otd with discount

Old 08-19-2004, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will attest to the fact that the ITP T-9 Baja's arn't built to exacting specifications. The first set I ordered from my local Tucker Rocky distributor arrived with one wheel havng two valve stem holes and the other was out of round. I mounted my tires and noticed a hop that my 400 didn't have witht he stock wheels. Turned out that one of my brand new wheels had a shimmy that you could see while spinning the rear axle witht he engine and having the bare rim mounted up.

Fortunatly my distributor stuck by me and replaced my whels with a new set. The new wheels look better but for the money, I wish I would have just bought either the race wheels from James Lucky or the OMF's since people have said they are better quality.

Another thing I noticed is my new set of ITP's have silicone coating the welds at the center of the wheels whle the original set did not. I don't know if the reinforcing rings have any silicone in where the rim wraps around.

Old 08-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

I have 4 - 9" X 9" T-9 Baja's, & IMO, the four I have are all 1st rate... I "poor man lock" them, & have never had any issues with them... they have all been straight & true, & I have seen them for as little as $75.00 - $80.00 each

I also have a set of Keizer custom double bead locks, in 12" X 6" & 12" X 8", in my custom offset... these have a thicker center section, ( that required me to change out the wheel studs to a longer one ), & have both an inner & outer bead lock, & were around $900.00 for the set, with quick connect mud shields, custom built for me... I believe you can also get a great value with Real Wheels custom bead locks as well... however, the OMF's do look awesome...

I'd think the Hypers should be available any day as well, & with colored bead locks, these should have the "bling" as well...

Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

I ran some 10" T-9s on my V-Force. They worked for me! I would buy them again, if I had a need.......