Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Better in the Woods (more capable) Prarie700 or VForce

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better in the Woods (more capable) Prarie700 or VForce

How well can the Prarie handle compared to the Vforce......
How well will the Vforce do when the trail conditons get nasty.....

Im interested in these types of things!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

The Prairie is capable of handling well in the woods... I've found that with a set of 22" tires, that I often even "push" 400 Hondas through tight off camber sections of race courses... of course the steering is much rougher, than a typical sport quad, so more rider effort is needed... if the course / trail is muddy, the lower fenders on the prairie will help keep you & your riding gear ( goggles ) cleaner... the Prairie isn't going to have the top end, or quite the "wings" that the Force is capable of, but handles through the woods as well as nearly anything, especially if equiped with better front springs, or better yet, a set of Works struts, & a set of adjustable Elka springs...

Old 08-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

You are talking 2 totally different bikes, here. 2 different suspension systems, 2 VS. 4WD.
I have ridden/owned both. I ride fast trails in SW WVa(Hat/McCoy Trails). I went back to the P-700, from the KFX700, because it was more versatile. Hope that answers a question or 2.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

I own both and both are great machines. Prairie is more comfortable at slower speeds and better in the rocks or mud. V-Force likes to be ridden faster but can put along too, at slower speeds the V-Force is ruff with the factory suspension compared to the prairie. When the trail is muddy the V flips mud all over you and slids alot more than the Prairie. I prefer my V if I am going to fly on ffaster trails and prefer the Prairie if it is real ruff, muddy or the speeds will not be as high. I find the V will go places most other sport quads struggle because of it's ground clearance and great torque without having to worry about shifting. The Prairie will go down most trails much faster than all the utility quads I have rode with. So you have to decide what type of riding you do and what you want most. The prairie offers great traction 4x4 and good handling. The V offers slightly more speed and easier to throw around. V flies with less drama than the Prairie but the Prairie can get air too and surprises many sport quads with it's speed and handling. I would hate to have to choose and think it is the best of both worlds to own both. If I had to pick only one living where i do I guess it would have to be the Prairie because of the winter snow and mountain rocks. But I have more fun on the V and just got paddles for the sand.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

There is mud around me that i love to go through, but there are always ways around it.....
I was however more comfortable and felt more at home on the VForce! The TwinPeaks is what i am considering....It just felt too big for me, i do prolly need to go that rout due to the harsh winters and mud that i have around me...i dont know how much fun it will be in the dirt and in the summer and things of that sort...

This decision just gets harder and harder.........
I am really torn between the 2

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

The Twin Peaks IS a Prairie 700, with SUZI emblems on it. A sportbike, like the V-Force WILL cover you , when riding in the deep slop. THAT was another reason I went back to the P-700. IMO, the Prairie in more versatile than the KFX700. As I said the P-700 suits my style and terrain. I like to ride fast woods trails in the Appalachian Mtns.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Sick go with the Praire, its a util that thinks its a Sporty

Old 08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

in 4x4 mode the p650 (700) is a formidable woods machine..

Old 08-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yah im leanin tward the TwinPeaks.....Itll take some REAL gettin used to, im hopeing that i dont make the wrong choice, for ill be screwed!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

Cant go wrong sick they run great .

Quick Reply: Better in the Woods (more capable) Prarie700 or VForce