Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

05 Prarie with EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Prarie with EFI?

Hello,

I am somewhat new with ATV's. I have owned a 300EX but never a 4x4 ATV. In the last month I have researched everything and believe I have it nailed down to a Kawasaki Prarie. The only thing holding me back is the prarie not having EFI, not sure that is going to be a huge deal, but I do live in Washington State and you can climb some very high mountains around here. Does anyone know if the 05 line will have EFI? I also think for my first sport/utility I am going to stick with the SRA rather then IRS. I want the speed of the 700 twin!!!

Thanks,

ToppDogg

Old 09-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

its rumored !!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

I would not wait for EFI, it may not come...

But I can tell you that I ride from sea level to 9000 ft. and have zero problems with my P700's carbuerators. It seems to always run perfect, and it has way more horsepower than I need at 9000 feet. Actually the only hiccups I have ever had is a small lean backfire only on occasion, after really goosing it, and letting off the gas while flying down hill...but it only gives me one small backfire....and I don't worry about it.....

EFI, yeah sounds great.....I wonder how well it would last in the rain and mud? And even though it cvan be sealed well against rain and mud, like electrocnic ignition.....still, when it has a problem....your pushing it home!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

ive heard the rumors too...but from my dude at the dealer he doesnt believe that there are gonna be any changes for the next model year other than addressing to brutes couple of quirks...and id have to say i agree.....anyways all of kaw's 05 model are out now....so basically you'll probably be waiting for the o7 models before you see efi on the prarie/peaks 700's..(mid to late 06 if i had to guess.) just remember they pretty much developed and came out with an all new model this year so thatll have its bugs that need to be fixed and that'll be next year..also id say that something along the lines of a kaw/suzuki 450 powered sport might be in the works before any more huge changes to their utility line up..it just makes sense....they already have this years..and probably next years best utes out so i am sure they will be more than ok to sit on those for a bit..
also from what i have heard/read/been told....i think that it is highly unlikely that kaw is going to also use the 750 engine in the prarie any time soon unless the brute goes 800 then it may happen but that could be a few years off yet.....they want to keep the brute as their ultimate...biggest bad boy..and again i believe that..it makes sense at least to me anyway.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have a p700 and ride from 5000' up to 13000' and don't have too many air/fuel problems. I have it set up to run good at 8000' -10000' as that is where most of my riding is. It does run rich at the high altitudes but that is ok and its never been a hugh problem after break in. My problem is that I want it to be running at its peak regardless of where i'm riding.

I want my next quad to be EFI but I would wait for it to be on that quad for a year or two before I trusted the bugs to be worked out.