Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!

Well guys, isn't life grand! Due to some home life problems(right now I firmly believe WOMEN SUCK) I may be having to sell my FST 785 powered Prairie! So where do I start,,, how much do ya ask for something you have put soo much money into that you could have bought a new car! This thing has more than double the money into it than what a new one costs!
I have the quad and a ton of tires and wheels and spare parts and plastics!
What do you guys thing would be a fare price???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow...sorry to hear it...that is a very good question...so what exactly is the umm "home life problems" are you having...is it possible to find ways around it?? lol

Old 09-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

sorry, I hate to hear things like that. If its the problems Im thinking of sell your 4 wheeler to a GOOD friend for $1 until everything is final then buy it back for $2. That way he makes a profit. Sounds ruthless but it is your baby we're talking about here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If its for financial reasons you might be better off selling the others or something else, because its hard to get your money back on things with so much $$$ dumped into them. I had thought of selling my vette before but with many thousands put in it I still wouldnt get much more than blue book. So I kept it.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

That is a bummer to have to sell your baby - sorry to hear that.

Your best bet for making the most money is to sell as many part separately as possible as you end up with more cash in the end. I do like rivermud's idea if that fits the situation you are in.

Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you guys for your support, I have a bunch of PMs from you guys!
I have spent the past three years with my head stuck up the azz of these Prairies, I have been riding um, building um, put together a race team this year that keeps me very very busy them, and I've spent a lot of money,,, the one thing I have not done is be home and spend time with my wife! My whole life has revolved around the quads! This has put me in a little pinch right now!!! She has not asked me to sell my baby, as a matter a fact, she doesn't even know what I am doing! We have three more races this year with the race team ending with the 12 hour race on October 30th. Then I'm hanging it all up, I have put all this in front of my family life for soo long now that I didn't realize how bad things are at home! Guys, don't let this happen to you,, there is nothing more important than your family! My 785 Prairie is not being used at any of these races and I just can't justify having a 4 wheeler that cost more than anything else I own around! As of right now I'm just trying to figure out a good price, I'm not sure if I will make it a package deal yet or not,,, for those of you who have shown interest in some of the parts,, you guys will be the first to know if and when I decide to sell the extras separate!
Thanks again!

Old 09-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench, My hats off to you! It takes a big man to see what you have. In fact you have got me thinking as well. Hope things work out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

PW,

Where do I start??? First thing is to talk with wifey she may like to get more involved with you. You don't have to go all out to race just have fun. I do believe the better half would like to be with you riding instead of watching you wrench on someone else's machine. I wish I could afford your machine if you decide to sell it but I was looking for an IRS machine to offset what I already have. To tell you the truth I was going to go over board with my quad but I am just going to have fun instead. Taking it apart, putting it back together then doing the very same thing again can be a real bore after awhile. I think it is more reliable to have it basically stock take it out with some friends and have some fun. I say this as this weekend I went on what I think maybe my last time on the Munchkin Run. I seen kids riding for the first time and having a total blast they didn't care whether it was hoped up or not they just wanted to ride. A smile on the face of a loved one is priceless only you can put it there. Talk to her PW, really dig deep ask her opinion!!!!

Old 09-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Best of luck and decisions this sport can get expenseive especially when your bending and burning up parts thats what drove me out of oval track cars and supercharged pulling vehicles and I don't have a wife, but I have a life and I aint spendin it workin all the time to blow gearboxs & aluminum engine blocks, and try to move concrete walls on occassion, for a stinkin $1000.00 and maybe a trophy ,My neck and head still ain't right. If you get out of this stuff you will be lost for a while then youll shake your head and go what i do that for, wish I had that money back, yet again look at it like this , look what you have accomplished you the got experience of putting a bike in a gncc winners circle, and to me thats respect man. for ever, because you worked like a dog for that very day and you and Mr. Farr accomplished that, a lot of guys will never get that feeling, you got to want it more than anything to win nowday's , there is no cherry pickin any more, everybody has good stuff it aint easy, Best Regards Prairie Wrench I know it will work out for the best....J.H.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Jim, I got you over at Kawiriders. I still think you should make that list.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, say it isn't so! Stock? I don't believe that for a second. You are the only one I know that has done just about everything, CVT mods, tunable ignition, forced induction, etc. Your work answered a lot of peoples questions such as how much RPM the engine can handle before it grenades, and what can spin the rod bearings, and so on. Your hard work has saved alot of people money by letting them know what they can get away with. Are you sure you are Alltoys, or has someone stolen your identity?

Quick Reply: May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!