Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dyna CDI

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna CDI

LOL@brads.

Its nice to see a sense of humor every now and then.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dyna CDI

I second that kod, lol

Old 09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dyna CDI

Originally posted by: rivermud
Good then that settles it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe they moved or something and forgot to change the register. Who knows? thanks for setting that straight.
No problem. Apparently there has been a weird mixup with the credit card billing company. The CC billing company somehow switched the area code to 919 without telling anyone, and it is going to take a few weeks(????) for them to correct it. I don't understand how they messed it up, or why it takes a few weeks to correct. Anyhow, the area code on the CC receipt will be wrong, but the number on the rest of the paperwork should be correct. If in doubt, you can also get the number off the website http://www.dynaonline.com

Old 09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dyna CDI

There must be a lot of mix-ups going on at Dynatek... Emailed them 3 weeks ago asking if they had the Prairie CDI in stock, never got an answer... So I took my chances and went ahead and ordered one on Monday 8/30 with overnight shipping. Nope, didn't get here Tuesday. So I called them on Wednesday, was told they would ship them out Friday. They said they had them in and needed to package them... Nope, didn't get here Tuesday... Called Tuesday afternoon, was told to call back Wednesday... Called today (Wednesday), was told MAYBE Friday, or MAYBE Monday. This time I was told there was a problem with an audit and they didn't have them...

For that much money I expect SOME customer service. If you don't have them in stock, you can easily add "NOT IN STOCK" or "IN STOCK 9/25/04" or whenever to the website. And why no confirmation email? I had no idea if they even received my order before I called the first time to check on it. Even smalltime eBayers send confirmation emails.

I couldn't imagine being one of the unlucky people that received a bad CDI from them. After all of this run-around, I sincerely HOPE I would get a good one... I'm starting to think that I should have stuck with my first decision and just have been happy with the DG3. I received the DG3 2 days after ordering it using standard UPS shipping... I was looking forward to comparing the DG3 with the CDI last weekend, and then this weekend, so maybe next weekend.... I just hope it will be worth the wait.

To anyone ordering a CDI, CALL FIRST!

Old 09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dyna CDI

thats one reason i never order online, i always call. i got mine just like the told me i would and love it. luckily i had to problems with customer service with them. from my understanding the problems with the bad cdi's was the first batch and has been fixed.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dyna CDI

Crypie, I ordered mine by phone last week, was suppose to be here today. Hope it shows up tomorrow. I should call them. I got the worst runaround with hmf. Always said it was coming after 2 weeks of calling them when it should have been here they finally admit they had a problem making it.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:05 AM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default Dyna CDI

I ordered mine for the Brute Force directly through the Dynatek website (do a search on “Dynatek” using Yahoo and it will probably come up as the 1st link in the list). Once you get to their site, you go to “ATV”, then to “Dyna FS Performance” (not "FS Programmable”) then you will find the part that is available for the Brute Force. The same part number (DFS2-13) is specified for the 03 Prairie 650, 04 Prairie 700, 04 Arctic Cat 650, 04 Twin Peaks and 05 Brute Force. After I ordered mine (I probably selected the default or cheapest shipping method) it took about 3 weeks to arrive.

It arrived last week and I installed it last weekend. As it turned out I also had company (with ATVs) coming on the same day, so we did some playing around (i.e. some friendly drag racing). I matched up against a stock P650 (beat it soundly) and against a piped and jetted Z400 (we ran twice, once when I was in 4WD and once in 2WD). In 4WD I beat the Z400 by several quad lengths and in 2WD (it was a much slower start because of wheelspin) he got the jump on me but I was able to catch up and pass him before the end of the run (I won that race by about ½ a quad length). This racing was done on a level grassy field with a run of about 300 feet or so. BTW I have videos of these races (click on the link in my signature below).

I also had my stock Banshee out and ran it against the Z400 and managed to win 2 out of 3 times (when I won it was by around a quad length or less and the one time I lost it was by the length of a wheel). As for the Z400 I’ve ridden it when it was stock and again that day when it was piped and jetted, and I can tell you it was like riding a completely different machine, the gain in low / mid range performance was incredible. He wants to order a performance CDI for his bike next (it also raises his rev limit) and will want a rematch I’m sure!

What I should have done is race him with the stock CDI and then again after switching to the Dyna CDI just to compare, however I didn’t. I may just do that the next time he comes over since it is so easy to remove / install the CDI.

However I can tell you the difference in performance is noticeable, but it is not like night and day (so don’t worry about having to install a bypass switch or anything like that). Before the Dyna CDI I could get the Brute to wheelie fairly easily in low range, but I had to jerk on the bars on level ground to get it up in high range. Once the Dyna was installed I noticed immediately that the idle was faster (so I adjusted it to bring the revs back down where they belong). After installation wheelies in low range were noticeably easier. Then when I made my 1st run against the Z400 (in 4WD) I was shocked (as was the Z400 driver) when my big Ute stood up beyond the 45 degree mark when I banged the throttle open (it never did this before with the stock ignition). I had to let off the throttle to bring it back down, once it was on the way down I banged the throttle wide open again and flat out left him. Note that the video of this particular run that can be found in the link below does not show the wheelie because the camera person didn’t start rolling soon enough and by the time it started recording we were already underway. When I ran the 2nd time (this time in 2WD) I was standing up and lunged forward as I banged the throttle opened, and the Brute stayed on the ground but it started slower because of wheelspin.

The next day after installation I took the Brute for an all day trail ride in a variety of conditions and speeds up in east central PA and it performed flawlessly and it was very controllable. Bottom line is I’m pleased with the ignition system and so far think it was a worthwhile investment...

Old 09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dyna CDI

Did you receive the CDI yet travelor?

Old 09-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dyna CDI

Called yesterday, they said they will be shipped friday or monday. I forgot to ask which week, If they are like hmf.