Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

AMEN 9-11-2001, will never be forgotten.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMEN 9-11-2001, will never be forgotten.

Page Marine loses life in Fallujah

We just lost a great young man Marine Lance Cpl. Quinn Keith. From my home town.
He was a 21-year-old graduate of Page High School was one of seven Marines slain by an attacker who detonated an explosives-laden vehicle outside Fallujah.

Our young men are fighting for our freedom and no one should forget it.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Our young men are fighting for our freedom and no one should forget it.

you hit the nail wright on the head minimus.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider

THIS IS WHY WE ARE FIGHTING!

Old 09-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Range Rover

I thank God every day I wake up and pray for those who dont and never forget those who cant!!

Old 09-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I am very sorry too hear of the loss. Does anyone have info concerning the govt settling with the 9-11 victoms families? Last I heard we were talking millions too each of the families. I would not be too far off base too asume that CPL Keith's family gets nothing. Whats wrong with that?
Gary

Old 09-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

That is an excellent point gary. sad but true.

Old 09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

You hear of so much going on in Iraq, don't you ever ask yourselves if they are in the right country? Bin Loden, (spelling), was housed in Afganistan and is still there, why are the United States not doing this to them, instead of Iraq?

Please don't get me wrong, as a firefighter, I feel for everyone affected as a result of 9/11, but is Bush going after the right people?

Being in Canada, I guess we kind of distance ourselves of some of what is going on in the middle east, but when you look at some of the stuff that has come out since 9/11, there are a lot of unanswered questions that no one seems to want to answer!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families that were affected and are still being affected on a daily basis fighting for what they have been trained to do, but you have to ask yourself, do they think it is right? I wonder how many of them are thinking "Why are we not going after the one guy we know is responsiable for this"?

Just my 0.02 worth.
About a half a cent in U.S. funds.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

WE ARE NOT IN IRAQ BECAUSE OF 9/11!!!!!! We are in Iraq because of UN weapons violations by Saddam. It is, however, a part of the larger war on terror. Saddam was giving 25,000 dollars to the families of suicide bombers that killed Isralies. He also harbored known terroist. Ever hear of Abu Nedal (sp?) He was the mastermind of the hijaking of the Akili Laurau (i butchered that one). Ordered the exicution of a man in a wheelchair and dumped his body overboard...... He was in Iraq and died there recently. this is only one example of probably hundreds if not thousands of KNOWN terrorist being sheltered in Iraq. Yes we are in the right place and we will take the war on terror wherever it needs to go!

Old 09-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that they should have been in Iraq, but that is not where Bin Laden is. They did what they set out to do and that is to get Hussain. Don't you think that you would go into the country that is most likely to have him and start cleaning house? Afganastan is the most likely place for terrorists to hide because they know that the US will not go there, why? Do the Afgans have something over the US? (No pun intended) It just seems that Bush is only looking at one country and that is Iraq. Why?

Lets talk about the weapons violations! Where are the weapons of mass distruction? Have they found them yet? This whole war thing was on the premise that he was making them and they had hard evidence to prove it. To date, I never heard that they found any such thing.

If Bush's plan was to turn Iraq into a demacratic country, why is he not following the wishes of the people there and leave. He keeps saying that what they are doing is in "their" best interest, who are they?

My rant is done.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Yes Firefighter, Our purpose in Iraq was to rid the county of its weapons of mass destruction and that’s what we have done.

1st --- Saddam Hussein violated 17 UN resolutions ordering him to disarm and to allow in weapons inspectors he would not, so we removed him.
2nd --- We have found factories able to produce Chemical and Biological weapons.
3rd – We have found missiles that are used to spread Chemical and Biological agents.

These three reasons are more then enough for us to justify is preemptive strike. I could go on about possible ties to Al-Quida and how weapons were smuggled out of the country into Iran or Syria.

This war in Iraq was just a continuation of the war on terror. As far as Afghanistan, we are still hunting day and night for BIN LADEN. This country is now free and able to hold elections, just as the Iraqi’s will do in January.

So Firefighter as President Bush said “You are either with us or against us”

Minimus
I hope your town finds solace in the fact your neighbor died a hero.

Quick Reply: AMEN 9-11-2001, will never be forgotten.