Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vision Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vision Wheels

I just swapped out my ITP C's with a set of Vision 8 hole wheels w/ carlilse Badlands XTR's

I just added pic's of these my gallery

The vision wheels comes with center caps and special lug nuts and they are clear coated so no more @#$@$ pollishing the C's

Old 09-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

Those look nice. I always liked the Vision wheels and I also like the looks of their new wheel. How much does the Vision wheel weigh that you have? If you dont know the weight of the wheel alone how much does the tire/wheel combos weigh? Thanks for checking that if you do. That pipe looks nice also. Did you notice much if any gains with it besides the noise?

Old 09-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

I am not sure of the weight, i thought the wheel buy it self was lighter than stock, but the badlands XTR's are heavy so the combo weighs more than the stock by I would guess 2-3 pounds each. The badlands are the same size on the size labled on the sidewall but not by an actual tape measure.

I think that pipe is the best sounding pipe out there, I am planning to replace the IDSX on the prarrie with one soon, As far as power gains I am not possative but I think it helps a little. and the head pipes are stainless so there is not the rust issues I have been seeing on the prarrie (not rusted through just looks real bad)

I discovered the Bridgestone DH14' s that i have always liked so well, that even though they say 25/10/12
on the sidewall that they must have a real funny tape measure because the oem tires and the XTR's are at least 1.5 to 2 inches taller, and when I measured them all three and put them all sidebeside last night I discovered what I think my problem has been the last few years. MY brother-inlaw has a prarrie 650 thats all stock and outruns mine everytime, I closed that margine quite abit with the mods I had done but still he creeps ahead at the end. I thought it was because he only weighs about 150 pounds dripping wet and I weigh about 275. I will know soon if those short tires were making as big adeal as i am thinking they are. I never noticed my size hindering my Raptor that much, but we always raced with equal sized paddle tire and or stock wheels and tires and my stock 2001 raptor with me on it would beat all my friends stock and modified raptors. I know when I put on my 22" paddel tires I had kept from my v-force, killed my performance, I mean bad, bad, the STP 700 in that picture has a dyna CDI, k&n filter, pipep and head pipe. and dynos over ten horse more than my buddy's Stock STP 700 and he beats me almost every time. I have always hatted those stock tires and wheels so I have not had them on either of the last two I bought for more than showroom to truck to house and off of there. This is why I can not be certan of howmuch help I have gotton from each of the modds.

Old 09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

Im a firm believer in stock tires and wheels when it comes to drag racing. The light weight is hard to beat. Im not sure what the tire/wheel stock combo weights but I will find out later. I do know that a stock wheel alone weighs 6 lbs. I trail ride a lot more than drag race so I run the ITP/ATR combo and love it.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

was your old wheels the old style c-series thats not cleared? from my understanding the new ones (rockcrusers) are cleared and wont stain.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

Ya, they are the old style, I have a set of the newer polished 6series 6 or sothing like that. Those are not bad. The ones I have are great wheels, you just have to spend alot of time on them to keep them looking nice. IMO they still look better dirty and stained then the factory set.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

I just added pics of the other Vision wheel the 160's with Bighorns, I think I like the looks of this set a little better

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vision Wheels

Before I had my C-Series power coated I thought they looke aweful and would have rather had the stockers on than have them look like they did.

Those Vision wheels look super nice though.