Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A Honest comparison: King Quad Vs. 750 Brute Force

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Honest comparison: King Quad Vs. 750 Brute Force

I have been reading a lot about both machines. I have had a Vinson and loved it. Wanting upgrage and looking at the BF. Please...keep your comments free from "fan" oriented comments. Thanks...

Old 10-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Most absolute power in a very good overall package = Brute Force.

Great power with an awesome overall package = KingQuad

I own neither.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Read my post entitled rode the King, power not that impressive......I loved the way it handled, best of the IRS quad's hands down, I've rode them all, but the power was not what it was hyped up to be, about like a slightly modded P650 or Grizz.......The Pra. 700 beat it 2 bikes in about 50 yards, it won't stand a chance against the BF in a drag even when it breaks in, manager had to even admit this....if absolute power and acceleration is not what you need I would buy it.......the Brute was my first choice, but the Brute wasn't out i would choose the King over the Grizz, Rincon, and the Sportman's..........

Old 10-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

I personally still prefer the Prairie 700 over the King Quad, for it is quicker and has a much better handling. And the Brute Force is even stronger than the Prairie 700 and offers the IRS for someone wanting a smoother ride on a straight bumpy trail. It is like comparing a Ford Focus SVT and Ford Mustang GT. The Focus SVT has a great handling and is quick, but the Mustang is a little more brutal and not as easy to drive. But just the sound and power of that V8 engine makes all the difference and joy to ride.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

Well, I do have a Brute but I'll chime in anyways...

The Zook is a nice ride and looks great to boot. Honestly, Once yer tearing up the trails and woods it *almost* doesn't matter when your on one of the big boys( Yami, Honda, Kawi, Zook, Polaris, etc, etc). I just fitted mine with black C4's and 589's and it's basically unstoppable.... almost as in I will NOT overdo it!

Anyways, a few things to consider:

Brute Force - Smoothest & strongest motor, decent CVT system : Prolly a little tippyer, New model quirks?

King Quad - IRS gets rave reviews, Optioned nicely : Lower power output & a single vs twin,

I would just go by looks, features you want, and "feel". You can't lose!

Mike

Old 10-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride a Polaris Sportsman 500 and bought a new BF. I love the Brute and recommend it to anyone in the market for that type of quad. As far as complaints concerning body roll, twitchiness at speed, etc... I see no significant difference over the Sportsman I was used to. In fact, I would say the Brute's suspension is stiffer than the Sportsman by far, with an equal amount of body roll. Whether riding off camber or aggressively, the rider just has to adjust using body english to compensate. Since I was used to doing this in spades on the Sportsman, I did not even notice the roll on the Brute unless really plunging the front end over something very uneven, like a tree root or rock only affecting one tire on a downhill turn...

As far as the KQ, I have not ridden one. I looked one over like a male dog in heat checking out the local bitch, and I liked what I saw. I like the IRS and the compact size. I just couldn't pass up the V-twin 700 in the Brute and go with the single. The Brute is all about the motor. I suspect the KQ is a more refined and completely balanced package.

The big question is, are you a power junkie or not? Do you want a muscle car like a Hemi Barracuda that goes from A to B fast as hell, or do you want an AWD sportscar to carve out the back-roads like a surgeon with a scalpel?