Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

looking at the kfx 700 any known problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at the kfx 700 any known problems

I'm having trouble figuring out how your plastics have broke so many times if you've only rolled it twice and ride in the dunes.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have the carbon fiber type vforce with the same muzzy as you. Mods thus far are: underbelly protection, pink color clutch springs, jet kit (unsure of the numbers) and would like your help on how to cut and shape the plactics. some say to use a razor blade at first, but then what completes the cutting? Also, please tell me how the muscle steering damper works. The 1 inch spacers are all around or just in the back?they make your quad wider, not 1" taller right? Ims makes a 4.6 gallon tank? I hate the suspention and look forward to getting new shocks all around. From what i have gathered, they lower the quad about 2" and allow for a more comfortable ride. why did you choose ohlin shocks over all the other shocks out there? how much is the tank,damper,and ohlins? thanks for your input. Jim

Old 11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey! what does the diamond g snorkle do to enhance breathing? Or did I just answer my own question?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello! I have been researching new suspension. How do you like the elkas? how about the denton steering stabilizer? Thanx....Jim

Old 11-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Range Rover

The snorkel pulls cooler air in from the top steering stem area. Your stock snorkel is very restrictive and pulls hot air in from above the engine...You'll notice a snappier throttle as soon as you make the change.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Does anybody have the web site for Daimond G? Is this the same company as DG? I did a web search but am not coming up with it.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Cancel that. Just found it.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zero60
Hello! I have been researching new suspension. How do you like the elkas? how about the denton steering stabilizer? Thanx....Jim
My Elkas and the Denton steering dampner are the best mod I have made. The bike will float through some of the rockiest, rough sections....with one hand on the bars!

Old 12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi iam new to the forum i just baught a 04 kfx 700 and been using it for bummin around and trail.. but ive wanted to get it into race but i dont know what i would need to do to get it upto par but i dont want to speend too much .... i dont know much about atvs as far as parts and stuff goes. if any one knows of places in erie ny the seel parts .. also what is a good brand for exaust systems for it ...... thank

Old 12-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

If you are going to race the V-Force...two areas to consider.

1) Tie rods...the stock ones will not work for you, they simply bend when pushed hard or if you catch a rock, rut or bump wrong... Replace them with over-sized oned from Diamond G. By far one of the strongest made tie-rod out there.

2) suspension...you can race with your stock suspension but you'll do a lot better with an Elka set up.

The V-Force is fast in stock form, motor mods will help out some...air intake, exhaust and clutch. Get the Dalton kit and if you can handle that on the budget...atleast get the Dalton orange/blue spring to start with...around $20.

Quick Reply: looking at the kfx 700 any known problems