Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Pictures of black rims?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of black rims?

I am getting ready to buy some new tires and rims and I'm considering the black C4's. Does anybody have these or has anybody seen them on? Any pictures posted? I am just curious how they look before I buy them.

Old 11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at ITP's web site, I saw them there. They look pretty nice, but beware when I checked them out, they did not come with a black wheel cover or black nuts. So if you like the chrome nuts, you are safe. They may have changed that since I checked awhile back. I hope that helps you some.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Black ITP C-series Type 4 wheels on my Brute Force 750, they look real sharp.
The Center Caps & Lug nuts are Black too.
I got my wheels thru www.xopco.com - eXtreme Outdoor Products located in the Mudlite Tires & wheel section, excellent service- fast shipping.
I will post a few PICS in my Gallery on the evening of the 6th of November on the Black ITP Wheels.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. Hey bfb750BF, N.M. eh? I go up to Santa Fe about twice a year to cisit my folks and take my quad with to horse around at the track in Moriarty. I grew up in Santa Fe, how I miss the Big Country............

Old 11-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Great pic's, it looks like you have lots of excellent places to ride. I am glad they provide the black nuts and black center caps now. It will make it a total package. Are you having good luck with your 750?

Old 11-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I'll get the PICS of the ITP Blackie Type 4 wheels posted on the evening of November 7th, as by the time I got off work on the 6th, it was way too late & Dark outside to get some decent pics of the Wheels.
For the Prairies my understanding is you can not use the black center caps or any center caps for the P650/700's but hopefully you can still use the black Kawasaki center rubber cap.
Real happy with the BF750 so far. I took it to Colorado this pass August & it performed excellent. I do need to change the air-intake on it, so the air is coming from a cold source & not the hot source where the air-intake is now located. That is my next project & shouldn't take much to modifly.
Riding out here in North Central New Mexico is great. Lots of riding areas, elevations vary from 6000 ft to 10,000 ft with the avg always right around 8500ft. Summer months & the late Spring to early Fall, camping is great too & NO premits are required for camping out in the National Forest, as long as you are not in a Forest Service Campground.
Kwackermann:
Next time you come out to visit your folks, drop me a PM & we will try to hook up & I'll take you up to the Area I ride in, "Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez District", west of Los Alamos. Unless there is snow around, an 4x4 4wheeler is not needed, just makes some of the trails easier to handle with the 4x4 option on the steep trails & loose rock climbs.
It would be tuff for me to live away from the Mountains, as I grew up here, been to other areas of this Great Country we live in but I came back & made Northern NM my place to live & ride.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for posting the pics. Those look very sharp. Who could tell me for sure about the center cap issue for my P650?

Old 11-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

You are correct that ITP does not make the center caps for the Series 4 rims.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

I was looking for some black rims when I buy a new set , pretty soon.

Anybody know anything about the High Lifter "Lite" Wheel available thru High Lifter it says they are about $51 bucks and have center caps too...???

That of maybe plain old douglas black steel wheels...nothing fancy, just another set is what I'm looking for, don't really like the flashy rims on stuff....

Old 11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I bought an set of the HIGH-LIFTER Lite Wheels for my CAT650, I DO NOT recommend these wheels, as they damage too easy. I had them on while I was out in the Moab,Utah area this last Spring & just on the 1st days ride my front New H-L Lite steel wheels were dented up real bad. The rears are fine & I have them 4-sale but they only fit an Arctic Cat IRS 4wheeler.
I did get the Black ITP TYPE4 Wheel Pics posted in my Gallery, when I get the time & in day- lite hours, I'll get a side view of the BF750 showing both wheels.