Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki will not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki will not start

Hey Guys,
I own a 2003 Kawi 360 4x4. I dumped the bike in a beautiful bog hole up here in Canada. The bike died while I was towing it out. I found the 5 amp fuse blown but the bike will not start. I have lots of spark and I have fuel in the Carb and everything else is woking on the electrical side. I have not torn the plastic of the thing to look for a short because I want to see if there is an easier way than to do that. I have no electrical drawings, but they cannot be that hard. Am I missing somethingÉ

Old 11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

did you get the water out of your exaust and air box? if you have spark and gas the thing your missing is air. Try the pull start.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I took the bike out of the water, The first thing I did was drain the exhaust, I headed right for that area too. I stood the bike up on end for about 5 minutes. I was hoping that that got it all. I tried the pull start and no go. There seems to be more to it than that. I would like to find out what circuit that 5 amp fuse belongs to. It is located by the battery compartment, next to the main 15 amp fuse.

Old 11-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

You know its funny you should bring up "draining the exhaust", I removed the bolt once on my 03' p650 and find the damn "Drain" was a fake! No damn hole under the bolt, whats it there for? There was just the threads and a then muffler can. anybody?

Old 11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well boys and girls, this is one for the books. I was pounding my head trying to figure the problem out and I finally got it. While turning over the bike, I placed my hand over the exhaust and noticed that the air flow was uneven. I knew that I had drained the exhaut after the water hole, so I knew something had to be in there. By the way, the drain plug is useless because it is a full four inches above the lowest point. Anyway, I stripped the exhaust off the bike and blew it clean with water and then air. You should have seen the dried bog coming out! A good thing to remember for the next time, even though you get all the water out, mud and crap can still be in there. There was enough to limit the airflow, not totally, but enough to prevent starting. I reattached the exhaust and the bike started on the first turnover. I want to thank you guys for the input that you gave me and being able to search this forum for similar problems enabled me to eliminate alot of searching for bad faults. WELL DONE!

Old 11-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamihoo
You know its funny you should bring up "draining the exhaust", I removed the bolt once on my 03' p650 and find the damn "Drain" was a fake! No damn hole under the bolt, whats it there for? There was just the threads and a then muffler can. anybody?
It's something that kawi did to make us scratch our heads LOL Glad you got your bike up and running. Flush your oil a few times.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Don't forget to drain your snorkel & airfilter drains, CVT cover, rear storage compartment, and pull starter. Walmart or Autozone has about the best Price on compatable oil filters.

Got my T-shirt. No sadder feeling than seeing your Quad ****-up in a mudhole.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Happy Trails