Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dirt Wheels Shootout...Brute THIRD place?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Wheels Shootout...Brute THIRD place?

I don't think it matters what tires you use it still will never handel as well as a SRA Prairie or BF650. Its too tall. Besides in order to win a rag shootout you have to use the tires it comes with. My dad is planning to put new tires and wheels on the BF750i to help the handeling, and I am sure it will help, just not enough to make me want one.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

I thought the BF would be top heavy and not handle well but was I wrong , it easily out handles the grizz and all other IRS machince except the KQ but does just as well as the KG. The ride is great and the power , well no other brand comes close. The BF still has all the weight down low , it does feel light it should be top heavy but its not. My last 2 quads where prairies which are easily the best handling utility/sport quads out today. Kawie hit the nail on the head with the new axle design too ,so far I have not seen or heard of a single axle break, the BF's did have a lean problems in the first run but that was a easy fix. I was at Winrock a couple of monthes ago and spent a lot of time on a KQ and now I know I made the right decision keeping with kawie , the fuel injection is nice but does have the throtle responce my twin carbs have, but the KQ does handle well and has a great seat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

The Brute sitting higher is just fine with me. You do have to upgrade the tires, but that's prolly true for ANY new Quad. To keep prices down, they cannot load the things up with Bighorns or 589's.

Anyways, The Brute is a monster and that's the way it should be. Everything else I sit on or ride including Prairies feel like "little" dinky toys. I am
6" 2 / 250lbs and I like the bigness. Small feels more controlled sometimes, no doubt. BUT, through nastier stuff, I'll take my Brute with 26" 589's all day long. Nothing is cooler than sitting next to a little quad and thinking that you could just run it over if you wanted to. Kind of like the Russian dood in Rocky 4... yer just an unstoppable tank. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

And those V-Twins compaired to those lifeless, 1-banger lawn mower engines.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ... NOT even remotely close [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mike

Old 11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

I smell what your steppin in....I couldn't agree more.

Old 11-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I allways change the tires on any of my new 4x4 ATVs.I do not trust stock 2 ply tires for punture resistance and dont need or want a flat if I can help it.So the stock tires that come on any new 4x4 would not influence my decision to not buy a particular ATV.

Bill

Old 11-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Trailblazer

Thats right Suzuki and Kawasaki are in with each other as far as design info. Like Rubione I put ITP "C" series 4 wheels and 27x10x12 MudLites front and 27x12x12 MudLites on thge rear and have no issues with how it handles. I ride a lot of off camber and a lot of hill climbing and feel quite secure on the BF. I think all the wheelers in the shoot out are excellent machines but I will still take my BF over all of them. So far I have no issues with the shocks on the BF, in fact I ride with them set on the lightest adjustment. It is all in the tires. To bad Kawi doesn't put better shoes on them at the factory. This is my 3rd Kawi, 300 Prairrie, 650 Prairrie and now the 750 BF and have not been disappointed yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Trailblazer

Oh , I almost forgot. In all the forums I read a lot of people bash Kawi's saying that just because they are fast does not mean anything. Well my 300 was not fast, but I do not think there are to many wheelers out there that have the low end torque plus the top end speed that the 650-700 and the 750BF have. Who needs to go 70 mph down a trail, but that low end power comes in real handy on steep hills and major rock crawling. Yep, I will stick with Kawi.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I posted this in the Suzuki forum and have copied it below for your review. I completely disagree with the placement of the BF in the most recent shootout in DW. The magazines, and other forum members, wear me out with their complaints about the BF. The fact is, I miss the power of my BF terribly.

Posted under the topic thread, "Boys with 700 King, what have you raced, and did you win?"

"The fact of the matter is, EVERYONE is intersted in drag results between utility quads. Yes, there are better suited quads for a drag race, such as a sport quad. But the argument that states buy a sport quad if you're intersted in dragging holds no weight. People who buy utility quads want to drag like the sport quad guys do, and they want to go mudding and do all the other great things you can do with a 4x4 quad that you can't do on a sport quad. It's what guys do when we get together, we drag race, establish a pecking order. LOL

All the magazines address the drag race first thing in a shootout. Why? because everyone wants to know. I want to know. It's arguably the most discussed topic on these forums. Why do all the manafacturers keep making them bigger and stronger? because it matters to people and people want the biggest and the fastest.

It's the people who have the slower quad, for what ever reason, that try to justify why their quad is "overall better" than a faster quad. They say "it handles better" or "it has enough power for me" or other weak justifications. The fact is, many KQ owners do this all the time, seemingly insanely jealous of the Kawaskai V-Twin. I MISS THE POWER OF THE BF!!!!!!! I don't give a rat's a$$ it handles poorly or isn't as polished a KQ. The second Kawasaki comes out with a 750 fuel injected utility (whether in BF or Prairie form) I'll be the first person to put a deposit down on one. My KQ is driving me insane with it's lack of power, I guess because I'm used to the power of a TP700 and a BF. Sure, my KQ handles awesome, has awesome ergonomics, looks great and gets overloaded with praise by the media, but the power BLOWS (anyone want to trade? LOL)"

Old 11-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

I think they made it taller so u can play in deeper mud and water, wheres the air filter on that machine.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

I like the way it handles as I pass Prairies, Grizzlies, Rincons and 700 EFI's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels Shootout...Brute THIRD place?