Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Who benefits most from the Suzuki/Kawasaki alliance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who benefits most from the Suzuki/Kawasaki alliance?

See if I have this correct, Suzuki gets the Prarie series (labeled Twinpeaks) from Kawasaki. Kawasaki get the LT50, LT80 and the Z400 from Suzuki. Who benefits most from this alliance? Is it Kawasaki because they get more machines or is it Suzuki because they have opportunity to sell more through Kawasaki? Or is it the consumer, they get the machine they want with the brand name they prefer?

Old 11-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

The youth quads aren't really that big of a deal to either manufacturer. So that brings it down really to the Prairie for Kawasaki and the Z400 for Suzuki. Once you add the RMZ250 into the equation, the "score" would be Kawasaki 2, Suzuki-1. However, Kawasaki is letting Suzuki remarket their Mule utility vehicle. It's pretty much even then. Even if the scales were slightly tipped one way or the other, there wouldn't really be a distinct advantage of one over the other. That's usually how an alliance between two huge companies works.

Old 11-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Kawi is gettin the shaft here. I personally don't like the alliance at all. Im not a big Suzuki fan, although their Z400 is pretty damn fast. I don't hate Suzuki but wouldn't buy one. Personnally I work at our families Kawi dealership and know what models Kawi and Suz share. Suzuki gets from Kawi the Mules, KX 60(No longer made) KX 65, Prairie 700 (Twin Peaks), A Vulcan. Thats all so far. Kawi is gettin a ton of Suzuki's. We get the KLX 110, KLX 125, KDX 50, KFX 50, KFX 90, KFX 400, KX250F (bad *** bike!!!) KLX 400. All I can think of right now. Kawi is comin out with a KX450F but it will be all green, no Suzuki help. Very happy about that. Theres good and bad to this alliance. It does help both parties out. We've sold a a lot of the little kids bikes and atvs. So its not all bad i guess, hahah. Later Yall

Old 11-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

You''ll don't understand the alliance , there is a lot more than just switching a few quads , it is more toward research and development of new quads , both companies are putting money in the same pot to use on research and development and when a new quad or bike is designed both companies get to sell it as there brand , this is already happening , the new 4-stroke dirt bikes are not either brand they where developed between the 2 companies. They companies also get to uses certain products from the other companies line to fill there voids in there on product line. Hereis the press release for you to read.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

The KX250F was a joint development...both companies had input on the development of that machine. The engine is from Kawi while most of the frame is a Suzuki design.