Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

for those of you who have water additives.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for those of you who have water additives.

its gitting colder out and if you removed all of you antifreeze its time to change it. the water additive doesnt have any antifreeze properties.

just trying to save you some cash, who knows how much a block would cost.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Great tip! I haven't had a prob with my atv but I remember when I forgot to change my antifreeze in my 1958 Ford panel truck. It had too much water in it and it froze. Luckily it didn't harm the block but the truck was over heating on the way to work. The hose were solid with ice. Stupid mistake.

Old 12-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

just bumping to the top, i know there are many ppl that draned there antifreeze when they installed water wetter.

Old 12-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

KVR, 58 Ford panel, now thats a ride to savor. I had a 57 Chev Apache when I was younger.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

my buddy had a 1961 apache step side, we installed a 327 sb with a muncie 4 speed. that thing haul a$$.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Mine had a 283, auto, wish I still had it.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

he does to, he ended up selling it cheap. he was going to restore it, it didnt need much. the back window and front spindles/brakes were his desiding factor to get rid of it.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

The spindles were bad on mine too, it was all over the road. I think back now, if I had it what an easy fix that would be.

Sorry, we are kind of wandering away from the thread topic, but brings back great memories[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

easy fix yea, but very very expensive. who care about the tread nobody is replying beside kvr and yourself, besides im the one that started it.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

You know it would be an expensive fix, but I loved that old ride. The guy that had it before me had done the conversion to the chevy engine. He had taken that old truck all the way from British Columbia Canada to the Baha in Mexico. When I bought it, I was living in BC, and we saw it in a car lot late in the fall. Here is the kicker(relates to the thread) when we saw it the block was cracked because of no antifreeze in the cooling system. the guy figured that he didn't need it living in southern BC. We bought it cheap, because the car salesman figured the engine was scrap. Off we went with our prize, and now what to do? An old retired woodsman supplied the know how. We took cedar shakes and drove them into the cracked block. when we put coolant in the system, the water swelled the wood, stoping the leak. We drove that old truck all summer and then some without a problem. I ended up trading it for a motorcycle. Off went our truck, never to be seen again.

I hope this story brings a smile to your face eh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: for those of you who have water additives.