Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ATV police

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan
Originally posted by: cloverI saw something like that,but the atv police were riding on some public trails,checking people for helmets,insurance and other stuff.
I saw that one too, those are the Hatfield Mc'Coy trail police.
As a citizen of Hatfield Mccoy country, I have never EVER saw the Hatfield Mccoy trail police harass anyone that was not asking for it. Get a trail pass, don't have a beer cooler strapped to your atv, keep your atv in control, and respecting your fellow rider will keep you in the clear.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

I seriously doubt the cops are riding on the roads illegally. It would be too much of a liability for any town to bear IMHO. As for the cops speeding when not necessary, sooner or later it will come back to haunt them.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

The cops in town here have a wheeler and ride it anywhere. People can't ride there in town though. I live 5 miles out of town and out here they could care less. I ride mine all over the roads without getting bothered as long as I am not going to fast.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV police

I live near a retired railroad bed that runs behind my house and quite a few of us ride near it. As long as you don't throw rocks on the road at the closest intersection they could care less. A while back I had the misfortune of having my quads sitting outside my garage and they visited me while I was outside painting. They wrote my name down and made me drive down there and sweep the rocks off of the road even though I wasn't even riding that day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. While I was sweeping them up the riders that threw them on the road stopped by to visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So around here atleast just dont get stupid and you will be ok.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Cop quads? Strobe lights? Did somoene mention strobe lights? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

quad strobe light aninmation #1

....................#2

......................#3

Old 01-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: cartman308
the police aren't above the law..........they do have exempt tags. these tags are probably available to the public if they have good reason.......... get over it. obey the laws and you won't have to worry about them.............
There is nothing to get over....The fact is we live in a free country and EVERYONE must obey the laws. The police are exempt to speed when going to a problem or chasing someone, BUT, THEY DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SPEED WHEN THEY WANT TO.....THAT IS MISUSE OF POWER. The same is with the quads......if they do not have a special permit, then they are breaking the law. Maybe you don't care if authorities misuse their power, but I and many others do.
I don't live in the area that these quads are being used..................BUT they have exempt TAGS on the quads.......more than likely issued by teh DMV. research the laws, if there is no provision for exempt tags you have a grip.............i never said they were above the law.......

Old 01-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Range Rover
Default ATV police

Massachusetts has got to be the worst friggin' state in the country.

There are only 7 state forests that allow legal riding, and 5 of them are 100 miles from where I live (100 miles in Mass is like 600 miles out west--we have super low speed limits everywhere and people who can't even go that "fast") Only one of them is big enough to actually spend a full day riding without getting bored out of your mind. Oh, and bring a kidney belt, 'cause you'll need a transplant after riding these trails!!

All state forests in central Mass were closed to motorized recreation in 1996 (we can thank Bill Clinton and all the droves of liberal yuppies from metro Boston building mansions on every square inch of land here, then complaining about EVERYTHING until the town sends every police officer it has to basically eliminate riding altogether.)

I can't wait to move the hell out of this left-wing cesspool and live somewhere where people know what "WORK" is, and be able to ride my ATV without having some liberal-college- tree-huggin'- petrulie-wearing- ****- on- a- mission, turning our rail beds into yuppie hiking trails and running full page pictures in the newspaper of a mud hole caused by ATV's, saying the end of the world is near!!!!!

It's VERY aggravating up here for riders...

Old 01-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Here in Georgia the DNR (Department of Natural Resources, AKA Game Warden) used to use ATV until an officer was killed on one while in pursuit. They do not use them anymore.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

I don't envy anybody who can drive their ATV legally on a paved road. They aren't designed for it, its no fun, its dangerous and hard on them. Guess I'm biased since i have a motorcycle, thats my fun on the street. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

I ride legally on the highway and streets in Cheyenne. It's a blast and you get lots of looks. No helmet law, just tag and insure it, put a mirror somewhere on the bike, and you are good to go. I have a blind spot mirror on my fender that is useless, but it's legal. I love it. I also have an ORV sticker so I have a TRUE All terrain vehicle. I can go ANYWHERE legally.

Quick Reply: ATV police