Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!

I just read in the FEB issue of DIRT WHEELS that Kawi is pulling all support from the GNCC and GNC racing series. If they are indeed coming out with a 450 to compete with Honda and Yamaha I wonder how this move will play out in sponsorship. Seems odd but you can never guess what the suites will do next.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

"they want it to totally dominate the competition like the Prairie did and the V-Force"
this statement proves how much of an idiot you are...

Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I posted a thread about this in the yamaha forum, either my dealer is an idiot or you guys are full of crap, and the yami people agree also,my dealer says he highly doubts there is a 450 coming and hasnt heard anything

by the way, i do hope kawi makes a 450, very cool, but dont say it will make yamaha and suzuki put there tails between there legs, thats what gets me

Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Such hostility, take it easy man its the internet and I'm not calling any members liars. You heard your information from your dealer, KVR hear it from a rep. While these are people who typically have great knowledge about their company and its actions, we have all seen that dealers and reps can often get the information wrong, especially when it comes to the release of high priority, high performance, highly anticipated machines like the 450's. There are many dealers and factory reps that have provided false information about the suzuki 450 atv along with other atvs from the past and present.

I did not call either you nor KVR a liar, but rather suggested that your dealers and reps were either ill informed or knowingly providing false information. I in know way insinuated that either of you were any lesser people or members than I or anyone one else. There are plenty of people here who know more than I that dont have but a handful of posts. I do not claim to know it all or profess that others should be subordinate to me.

There are points of KVR's post that make good sense, and others that could only be attributed to the rep's bias. Every machine since 2000 was supposed to be the next big thing, the next biggest, baddest and fastest thing in the ATV world. I would not take information from their dealer or rep without a grain of salt. When the 450 bike and atv show up on the order sheets for dealerships and the first is delivered, then we can all sit back and take joy. Until then all we have is anticipation and its the job of Kawasaki to keep us in suspense, hoping that the next great thing is just a short time away.

I have no desire to be right or wrong at the expense or gain of anyone else. I only want the best and most truthful information and I dont care if I'm the one that provides it or not. IMO this is a ruse by the dealer and a disservice to the customer. If we all butter each other up instead of question it we will all need waders to get through all of the BS. It's not my intention to cut anyone down on this forum, nor do I hold any personal stake in my comments on these boards. I do my best to avoid and quickly resolve issues like this one. I apologize if my statements were taken in a malicious manner, as that was not my intent towards you, KVR, or anyone on these boards; but rather the providers of the questionable information and the notion that kawasaki employees would spread rumours or outright lies as absolute fact to their loyal paying custiomers.

Couldn't have said it any better myself...

Old 01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The man was just sayin' what the rep told'em- I don't see why we need to get into a dog fight about it. It truely would be a wonderful thing if we got a 450 from Kawasaki- the fact that they yanked all racing support is odd. We can only wait and see what happens......

Old 01-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
"they want it to totally dominate the competition like the Prairie did and the V-Force"
this statement proves how much of an idiot you are...
What do you call Mike Penland winning 10 straight GNCC titles on a praires, in the stock class, better yet kawasaki won 13 out 14 events in the stock utility , that is DOMINANCE....

Kawaski won 13 out of 14 in utility modified with Scott Kilby winning 10 himself.
Kawaski won all 14 events in utility unlimited.
ALL of these classes where won by prairies.
Hope you all enjoy the info about GNCC racing in 2004.
Kawie also won all 3 utility classes in 2003 with a prairie.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

These kind of posts are always fun to read. They are also one of the reasons that I don't visit this Forum as much as I used too.

The "Fact" is and I believe it shouldn't be any real big surprise that both Kawie and Suzuki are developing and at some time in the near future (Whether it's 2005 or 2006), will be releasing competitive 450cc ATV's designed to compete against the YFZ and 450R. Will they "Dominate" the competition? I really don't know nor do I care. Is the addition of these 2 ATV's into the marketplace a detriment or a benefit? I don't see how it can't be a plus. Will the loyalists for each of the big 4 manufactures continue to buy their favorite makes? I believe they will do that also.

There shouldn't be any dispute over whether Kawie and Suzuki will step up and try to get their share of the 450 Race Quad market. This is not anything new. It's the evolution of the ATV and is common place among any industry. If this didn't take place, we would all be riding ATC 3 Wheelers. The question isn't "IF" they are coming, it is "When".

XxSparks690RxX
By the way the 700 v-force doesnt dominate... its a joke in the sand.

I don't know what you consider "Dominate", but concidering the amount of $$$ you most likely have in to your Sparks equiped Raptor, I would hope for your sake that you wouldn't get beat by a 540lb quad. Imagine how embarassing that would be.
This is what I will say about your comment. I have had more than my fare share of wins against lightly modified Raptor's, DS's and Z/KFX400's and at the same time have had a fare share of losses. Dispite this revalation, I have NO regrets over my choice to purchase my V. The V is a highly underated Dune quad and is extreemly able dispite its portly scale reading. I have let many of the people I have raced and beat as well as lost to, take my V for a spin, and the response is, on more than one occasion "This thing is a Kick in the @ss!". I don't know about you, but I am into this to have Fun, and as long as I am fulfilling this requirement, then I am OK with it and my V more than meets my needs. If you're ever going to be around the Oregon Coast, let me know and we will see if we can change your oppinion just a little.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RPM
These kind of posts are always fun to read. They are also one of the reasons that I don't visit this Forum as much as I used too.

The "Fact" is and I believe it shouldn't be any real big surprise that both Kawie and Suzuki are developing and at some time in the near future (Whether it's 2005 or 2006), will be releasing competitive 450cc ATV's designed to compete against the YFZ and 450R. Will they "Dominate" the competition? I really don't know nor do I care. Is the addition of these 2 ATV's into the marketplace a detriment or a benefit? I don't see how it can't be a plus. Will the loyalists for each of the big 4 manufactures continue to buy their favorite makes? I believe they will do that also.

There shouldn't be any dispute over whether Kawie and Suzuki will step up and try to get their share of the 450 Race Quad market. This is not anything new. It's the evolution of the ATV and is common place among any industry. If this didn't take place, we would all be riding ATC 3 Wheelers. The question isn't "IF" they are coming, it is "When".

XxSparks690RxX
By the way the 700 v-force doesnt dominate... its a joke in the sand.

I don't know what you consider "Dominate", but concidering the amount of $$$ you most likely have in to your Sparks equiped Raptor, I would hope for your sake that you wouldn't get beat by a 540lb quad. Imagine how embarassing that would be.
This is what I will say about your comment. I have had more than my fare share of wins against lightly modified Raptor's, DS's and Z/KFX400's and at the same time have had a fare share of losses. Dispite this revalation, I have NO regrets over my choice to purchase my V. The V is a highly underated Dune quad and is extreemly able dispite its portly scale reading. I have let many of the people I have raced and beat as well as lost to, take my V for a spin, and the response is, on more than one occasion "This thing is a Kick in the @ss!". I don't know about you, but I am into this to have Fun, and as long as I am fulfilling this requirement, then I am OK with it and my V more than meets my needs. If you're ever going to be around the Oregon Coast, let me know and we will see if we can change your oppinion just a little.
I'd Love to take that thing for a spin!
I've never had a chance to throw a leg across one of those beasts yet!
PM me and maybe we can get together out at the dunes one of these weekends (spring, summer, and Christmas breaks are the only times I really get a chance to go though). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Anyways back to the original topic and not just teeling one another that their machine sucks. I can't wait to ride that kaw450 "IF" it comes out this summer wich in reality is likely cause its not likely for a company with a reputation like kawy to sit on the sidelines. Hopefully it spanks the other 450's wich will be tough to do but whos gonna settle for secound place when buying a high performance machine like this. It will be interesting.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Easy guys!! This is what my rep told me and he has never lied to me about any new models comin out. He was right about the 250 4 stroker and the Prairie 650 so yea, I believe every word he says. He's like family to us. Always look forward to him stoppin by. I'm 90% sure this 450 is comin out. If it don't, SHOOT ME and run me over with a Honda, Yamaha and a Suzuki hahahaha.

Quick Reply: Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!