Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

!@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

I have owned a ton of kawies and along with other brands and have not had a problems with a choke lever, but they all have some issues but if you read all the forums you quickly realize kawie is in good shape, this problem sounds like it was caused by a temper tantrum , carbs have always worked great and will continue to , my BF will crank as easy as any EFI quad made and kick their butts in preformance and does pretty well on gas milage for all the HP is has from the best engine ever put in an atv. You have a big surprise coming if you switch brands.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

sounds like it was caused by a temper tantrum
Huh? By sliding the lever to the left to engage the choke? Geesh, I'm sorry that I *abused* it like that.

Maybe I should of waited until May when the temperature is over 50 degrees as to not "ask too much" from the unit?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

What surprise am I in for with another quad? That it will start? That it won't have loser-*** parts and stupid design flaws?

BTW: Commenting that carbed quds will start and run as good as an FI system is just a silly comment with ZERO credibility.

My 2 wheel drive 4 banger pickup goes through snow better than my HD 25004x4 too..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have had no issues with mine as of now. As to the fact that the carbs are not good. I leave my brute sitting outside in the weather when I woke up this morning it was 7*F with a couple of inches of snow on the brute. I brushed away the snow and slid the choke on and it fired in less than 2 seconds and never gave me any trouble. One of my friends with a KQ has to turn his key on for about 20sec before he tries to start it or it will crank for a long time before it fires up when it's cold. Also his will pop if he gooses the throttle a few times in a row. I am sure you have problem and I believe they are fixable but just keep in mind that EVERY machine has problems and there will be no perfect quad ever. Good luck on your next one.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

If you think it's that bad I'd be glad to swap you for my '03 Eiger and have 2 brute's sitting in the garage.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

undoubtedly the biggest piles of crap on the planet are the wonderful "heir fuerer" designed piles of manure. speaking from a salvage yard standpoint, the low percentage of **** ss cars on the road in america is low compared to, for example sake, ford only. i can buy these bastard **** cars and sell every part that is good or halfway useable across the hotlines or on ebay for big prices, because every part undoubtedly must break on all these cars. i quit buying ford trucks because i had to set on the parts sometimes forever. the biggest sellers i have are PORSCHE, BMW, VOLKSWAGEN. when a porsche owners manual clearly states that just about nothing is covered under warranty and to not even bring it back for any reason that should be a very good indication of their "quality control". when you have to completely retool to just work on a piece of stool sample **** mobile and wonder why they dont even have the concept of solid state electronics or how to engineer anything that could be fixed by ANYONE without a degree in some **** university then you might be able to tell the ones on this forum something other than your **** feces. yes i own a kawasaki, and i enjoy it as often as i can. if it breaks i will fix it and be glad that it is not of european origin. i hope your insurance agent finds this thread on this great forum and has the gestapo come and teach you a lesson. if so, you better hope that you have blonde hair and blue eyes. have a nice day.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

undoubtedly the biggest piles of crap on the planet are the wonderful "heir fuerer" designed piles of manure. speaking from a salvage yard standpoint, the low percentage of **** ss cars on the road in america is low compared to, for example sake, ford only. i can buy these bastard **** cars and sell every part that is good or halfway useable across the hotlines or on ebay for big prices, because every part undoubtedly must break on all these cars. i quit buying ford trucks because i had to set on the parts sometimes forever. the biggest sellers i have are PORSCHE, BMW, VOLKSWAGEN. when a porsche owners manual clearly states that just about nothing is covered under warranty and to not even bring it back for any reason that should be a very good indication of their "quality control". when you have to completely retool to just work on a piece of stool sample **** mobile and wonder why they dont even have the concept of solid state electronics or how to engineer anything that could be fixed by ANYONE without a degree in some **** university then you might be able to tell the ones on this forum something other than your **** feces. yes i own a kawasaki, and i enjoy it as often as i can. if it breaks i will fix it and be glad that it is not of european origin. i hope your insurance agent finds this thread on this great forum and has the gestapo come and teach you a lesson. if so, you better hope that you have blonde hair and blue eyes. have a nice day.
Whoa... do we have a problem with German people? *****? Where the heck you getting that from? German engineering is world class, not sure where you get your info from. Sure, parts cost money but their cars are legendary from racing standpoint and they are ALWAYS the ones that do hi-tech stuff first. Maybe parts sales are high because their cars are so friggin good that it's worth it to keep fixing them?

Geesh, don't go calling me a **** because my Kawi happens to be garbage. What does **** have to with anything???

Old 01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

s2mikey, I dont mean to sound like im belittling your mech. and maint. abilities, but you sound like one of the guys I ride with he rides it and does nothing to maintain it.if you ride in deep, like the mud hole in your pics, you need to do propper cable maint. If I remember right the choke set up is the same as the prairies, I never had a prob. with mine, I had the same choke lever on my old honda which did freeze up a few times cause I had that thing underwater more times than I can remember.Just fix it and as for the carbs if you have the low speed miss, just fix it . I would also like to see kawi come out with EFI . Imagine that with THIER V TWIN. OH trade you for my Griz. HA! GOOD luck anyhow. GREG[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

s2mikey, I dont mean to sound like im belittling you mech. and maint. abilities, but you sound like one of the guys I ride with he rides it and does nothing to maintain it.if you ride in deep, like the mud hole in your pics, you need to do propper cable maint
Maybe so. I do all of the recommended maintenance just like Kawi says to. The cables were only lubed and cleaned once and I have 1200 miles on it. I was told by several people to NOT over lube or clan the cables because the cleaners and lube can trap dirt if you over-apply them.

It's not just that man, the thing has it's own file cabinet at the dealer service dept and for what I spent, I EXPECT top quality, not this nickle and dime crap.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

s2 sell it you dont deserve a quad .... you need your money for mental help ...
This is untrue just read some of the post , what do you expect from what appears to be a 10 year old. He will learn with a few year experience under his belt , I think . ?

Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Same song and dance, every brand has had new model problems. Face it, its a part of life. Go reading through the Polaris threads and see who is bragging about how reliable their machines are compared the folks owning Kawi. Doubt you'll be convinced thats where to go. Best thing to do is buy a model that is tried and true for 2 years. I'm not promoting the Brute, I don't have one, but I've owned new models of other brands and they all have quirks that can't be found without real world testing. Sell it, go buy a new model year from any body else and I'd love to hear how perfect and flawless it is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!