Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

bought me a kfx 700 today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought me a kfx 700 today!

like the title says I bought a kfx700 today!, and have some questions, the place I bought it from is new to kawasaki and didn't know much about it. They told me to keep an eye on the air filter, and the oil thats it! I know there is some kind of break in procedure but what is it? Also is there a fuel shut off valve? I couldn't see one. I dont have an owners manual yet, or I would look for my self. Anyone know where I can find one online? thanks for any replies! I would like to know before I go riding the weekend.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats! You will love it. There is no fuel shut off value. Well take off the plastic and there is something ther but doesn't have an off or Reserve. I break my bikes in riding like normal for the first tank without long peorids of full thortle. Can't spell tonight. Get a Muzzy exhaust and open up the air box and you will really love it. Have fun

Old 03-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

listen to squather. you dont have to baby it to much breaking it in. like he said just dont keep it wide open for long periods of time. Besides, who has the patience anyways?

Old 03-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats! You're going to have ball on it and once your friends ride it they'll be Kawie-Green with envy. Bartlet racing makes an airbox mod that's supposed to kick up the power on the 700 more than any other mod alone. I haven't seen it but I heard much about it on KawieRiders.

Only advice is be careful. The ride is smooth and stable, and the throttle very responsive. You're going faster than you think you are. After my first bad crash I realized that the 700 is plenty fast, even stock! I'm slowly getting the itch back for increasing the speed and power with mods. That's the great thing about the KFX 700, even stock, it's one sweet ride!

Have Fun!

Old 03-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: whoopdangus
I bought a kfx700 today!
From the bottom of my heart, I salute you............. Congrats- couldn't be happier for anyone.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Congrats! I love mine stock but plan on adding mods. As soon as I start getting the concept of all the mods out there I'm doing it. I was reading about how to open up the Air Box and put on a higher flow exhaust to make the V that much better. I have a question about jetting it. I heard that you almost have to rejet the carbs after opening the air box and adding an exhaust. Has anyone not rejet there carbs with these mods?

Old 03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for quick info! My first ride went very well, except that when it was warm it would not idel just die and start hard. Is the v-force jetted for sea level? seams like it is running rich I live and ride at 4800 feet and ride up to 10000 feet. I would like to get that taken care of, mostly though I am dieing to play with the carbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Also is that the idel adjustment **** polking out but your right knee? I had to wait until i got off work to ride so I only got to ride it for an hour and a half before it got dark. Talk about a very long afternoon at work! my co-workers thought it was very funny me cussing out the clock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was a bit worried that the v-force was going to be a bit to sporty for for what I wanted, but after yeaterday I'm not in the least bit worried about taking it anywere, and plan on riding dunes to high altitude moutain trails. I agree this thing is plenty fast and I am a coutious rider. I am also amazed at how many mods are out there (another thing that led me to buy it!) sorry if I am ranting just felt I had to tell someone! This is one kick @$$ machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man we're at the same altitude
I had my bike jetted at 10k ft and it ran like a champ
talk to the dealer he should hook ya up with free jets *there run like 5 bucks a piece*
I'm running a K&N *didn't need to rejet after putting that on*
and recently put on a MUZZY sweet set up! about the cheapest out there

I think my jets were 132 front & 135 rear not for sure
but run with that and let us know how it goes you can also tweak your airscrew on the right sideto help with your idle

and Congrats and welcome!
Bud

Old 03-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the V-Force club. You'll love it. Damn fast stock but wait till you add some goodies to her, hahaha. It doesn't really have a fuel shut off. Its got an ON position and PRIME position. Its on the right side of the air box under the plastic. I wish it did have an off position. Definately keep the airfilter clean, you'll be adjustin valves a lot but all 4 strokers are like that. Have fun with yer new ride and go smokem'!!!

Old 03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you want it clutched and jetted for altitude, Xtreme Performance in Dacono are as close to expert as anyone. They take each model and do the clutching and jetting until it's right on for high altitude. Then do the same thing for identical models that come in the door. They use a dyno while doing it. Most dealers change the jets and think they have adjusted for altitude. They only do half the job. Just an FYI.

Quick Reply: bought me a kfx 700 today!