Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

More power for my 97 mojave

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More powers for my 97 mojave

I recently baught a 97 mojave. It's a piece of work, the chain falls off and makes a clicking noise but it runs great and i'm having the chain looked at soon. What i wanna know is how to get the most performance for about $400..... i'm problably gonna have to replace the sprockets to fix the chain problem so if there's a better sprocket please let me know.

I would like to add sprockets that'll give me more torque (i'm not to worried about top end), maybe an exhaust, re-jetted, and add better air filter, spark plug, and maintence parts like that. Is this a good combination? Since i don't know much about quads please give me any advice you may have.

-jacob

Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

for sprockets sunstar and sprocket specialeats are good but u will need to go with sprocketspecialests cuz they are the only ones that offer lower gearing. if your clain falls off, try tightinging it but if it clicks your sprockets are probally bad or your swingarm berrings are bad or both. You dont need to bring it to a shop, changing sprockets and chain is really easy just unbolt the front with one bolt and with the back u gotta take the hub off and then unbolt the back sprocket. The first time i changed mine it only took around 35 min for front and back. I would go with 11/43 and go to rockymountainatv.com to buy the chain, it is a primary drive 520 h 90 links. Its a excellent chain and only 25 bucks. Rocky mountain has a bunch of other stuff for the mojave also. For 400 bucks i would buy a big gun complete or white bros slip on with CWR head pipe and a k&n power up kit, thats a jet kit, filter and prefilter. You could get the pipes and a ton of other stuff for the mojave from cycleworksracing.com, and if you have any questions call the owner of CWR, greg. He knows a lot of stuff about mojaves and could probally answer anything you ask him. And for the power kit go to shadetreeatv.com. they have itreally cheap there. the pipes would be between 250 and 350 and the power up kit is around 55. also check denniskirk.com, they have alot for the mojave too

Old 03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

holeshotz pretty much saud everything, check out cycleworksracintg.net there's tons of stuff there for the mojave. Go with a pipe wb e-series and power kit. If you want low end and dont want top than the 11/43 like holeshotz said is the way to go youll gain lots of low end. Also rockymountain has the best deals and lowest prices so check em out too.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default More power for my 97 mojave

almost forgot my back brake don't work and i gotta get that looked at also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
i bled them and i think it might be the master cylinder but my uncle had a similar problem and his still didn't work after replacing the cylinder!

Old 04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default More power for my 97 mojave

For your rear brake you have to change your rubber ring and all the seal.I change all.That cost just 60$ for new seal.