Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb

Originally posted by: prairie650and700
... The one thing I cannot stand is erogance and ingnorance. My title says the HP on it for the BF does Popo's do the same??? any know???
Erogance and ingnorance? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

I don’t disagree with you. There's a lot of hyperbole on the Internet. Don't take it personal. But if you're going to flame out, a little spell check and grammar check might lend you some credibility.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Pro Rider

wheeling at 30? hardly, and thats with any stock machine. hp rating? I've check every polaris publication and have yet to find one, Polaris says they are not geting into hp wars with other manufacturers on atvs, they already have that problem with other product. and besides, who cares? just about every machine above 4 or 500 cc has more power than it can use as far as raw hp. i mean, they'll all dig holes before running out of power. each has its advantages for each owner or rider. ride'em all, buy what ya, want, and be happy. just imo, for what its worth.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Range Rover

Oh for heavens sake the dang spelling is not an issue here. I am not looking for credibility so learn proper word usage!!! I am simply stating that I find it is complete BS that other people and I am not even naming specific people on here or any other site for that matter. Yes I am venting but it is not directed towards anyone in particular. I cannot stand when people must say ridiculos things about THEIR atv to make them feel better or compensate for something else.... I know that there is no way a bike such as the sp800 would even come close to the numbers people claim. Gravity is the same for Polaris as it is for a Kawasaki. I don't need someone telling me that I need to do spell check and grammar check to gain credibility, which I am not even seeking. Hell if everyone on here got yelled at for making grammatical and puntuation errors there would be 20000 replies per post.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Range Rover

Prairie650and700, I found your post amusing given what you said and how you said it. That's why I took a shot at it.

Heck, as long as we're talking about BS, I would like to see your Ford Powerstroke that's only "slightly" modded do 95 in the 1/4 mile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I copied my results I posted on another thread, My Hp numbers came out alomost the exact same as another owner out in vegas that also had his tested. Belt drive testesting on rear wheels is still subject to the dyno operrator inputing the peramitors of the test. so for comparison I will post my other quads results to give you all some kind of idea how it compares to the KAWI v-twins.

Tue February 01, 2005 9:35 PM

I got the Dyno results today, these results are from the quad bone stock form

it has a peak HP 34.58 HP at the rear wheels
max torque = 56.48
top speed on the dyno was recorded at 71 MPH

Actual real world top speeds are normaly about 4-6 mph slower than dyno testing indicates

No surprises here same results as vegasdude had with his

Old 03-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Here are the other numbers from my kawi v-twin quads using the same dyno and same opperator.

The 800 is running 55HP & 78#'s of TQ (FST Twin Peaks 800)
The 700 is running 38HP & 59#'s of TQ (added a dyno jet kit was running 33HP and 55#'s of TQ)
STK 700 is running 32HP & 52#'s of TQ (I had a buddy's stock STP700 tested to get a base for comparison)
The 650 is running 33HP & 56#'s of TQ (same modds as my 700 less the new jet kit, The CDI made the biggest difference on this quad)

It seems most of the twins out there put out very similar numbers.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Range Rover

What is so amazing about a diesel being able to run a fast 1/4 mile? Hell the record for a street diesel truck is low 10's at 124 mph. I do only have it slightly modded with a computer upgrade exhaust and intake. I could stack the chips put nitrous and propane on it and blow away most any car out there. I am not sure what you find to be BS about this??? Sounds like you are picking at stuff which you are ignorant to. Just a thought.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: prairie650and700
What is so amazing about a diesel being able to run a fast 1/4 mile? Hell the record for a street diesel truck is low 10's at 124 mph...
I've got a thought for you. MotorTrend tested the 6.0L TD in a F-250 SD and could only muster 84mph and a 16.2 quarter. Unless you are running a much smaller truck and some pretty good modifications you shouldnt be hitting 95mph. A 250 hp and much lighter Audi TT is 2 seconds faster to 60mph and 1.5 ticks quicker in the quarter and the TT runs 95.6mph. So you are telling us your superduty with a mod chip is running more than a whole second faster than it did stock and as fast as an Audi TT Coupe?

Old 03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

Go to tsperformanceproducts and look at the video on their site of a cummins running this time.
And a diesel's power is totally different than a gas engine's power. My 500+ HP and is double the TT's and the torque is 4 times the amount of the TT. So please research your arguments before placing them. What is so unbeleivable about this??? The truck with dual wheels has 40" of rubber on the rear getting extremely good traction. Before you respond download the video and watch it. A diesel will run the 1/4 with much different times and mph than a gas since it power is coming up more on the top end via a turbo. Once I get going I can easily keep up or out accelerate in top gear with most any performance car (z-28, mustang, right on with the last gen vettes. I cannot come close on 0-60 but I can beat them on top end.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have a PSD excursion and a PSD F250 and I have reprogramed both of them and I would say that a full second would be an easy achievment. The power modules and programers for the Powerstroke Diesels out there boast that they add from 65-135 hp and well over 100lbs of TQ. From experince I bleleave that to be pretty acurate. The PSD motors are detuned from the factory for variouse reasons but the same motor is offered in International 20+ thousand GVW trucks. Its very possable to get into the 13s with the right modds on one.

Quick Reply: Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb