Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Buying on 3-29-04! Which would you Buy? BF or P

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 11:58 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Buying on 3-29-04! Which would you Buy? BF or P

Hi, I have been asking questions a reading about the prairie 700 and brute force 750. IF money was no option and you own a Praire or Brute force, would you trade one for the other?

I've found out that there are alot of happy prairie atvers and I am probably going to buy one next Tuesday. I still like the brute force and have found the following problems with so far.

Tie rods, jetting problem, 4wheel drive engagement slow, accuater motor, and a few other things.

How reliable is the praire and the brute force? I know the brute is new but what do you think about the brute long term? I am still torn between the 2 quads and although I feel the praire is a smarter move I am tempted by the brute still. I can get the 05 prairie for $6000 or the brute for $6400 which one would you pick? I know both are great quads This is my final question before I buy! THANKS VERY MUCH!!

Old 03-23-2005 | 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

It all depends on what your gonna be using the 4 wheeler for. I have a 750 brute that i use for farming and use for cattle and also use it to go down to the lake with going mudding. The praire id say would be a better bet for trail riding just because the brute is alot more top heavy and can sometimes make you feel uncomfortable going around turns pretty fast. With my brute ive had no problems with it and its been off the ground a good 5 or 6 feet a few times and have never broke anything on it. It says in the owners manual that it will take the 4 wheel drive system awhile to engage. You just have to drive about 5 or 6 feet then it locks in. Other then that I love my brute. Its very fast and can stay with some of the sport atv's until you hit about 65 or so. The ground clearance also on the brute is nice. Never have got stuck before. So I hope this helps and whichever atv you buy I'm sure your going to be happy either way.

Old 03-23-2005 | 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

If you are mostly going to be trail riding along with a little mudrunning I think you'd be better off with the Prarie. They are fast and fun. They handle great when ripping down the trail, power sliding around the turns then flying down the straights.

If you are more into sloshing through deep mud and hauling or pulling heavy loads you might be better off with the Brute Force.

The Brute is great for trails too, I just think the Prarie handle better at a faster pace.