Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Your Favorite Hunting Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Favorite Hunting Story

first year out hunting, I was sitting in my deer stand...along a fence line...and a deer jumped from the woods...I shot at it 7 times...it was about 10 yards from me...I was doing the point shoot and stare at the first deer I ever shot at....well I never hit the stupid thing.... I know this because of what happend in the next minute...after the 7th shot, it ran towards my dad...and he was walking through the woods...he kicked the deer out of the woods...and it ran across the road...and got hit by a car!!

One way or another that deer was going to be killed lol

Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Here's another story.

It didn't involve me, but a guy I work with. When he told us, we couldn't stop laughing.

This guy and his dad got up early to go deer hunting on the first day. It seems they got there a little too early. The parking lot was empty. So they decided to sit in the truck a while. It was still really dark and there was no hurry since no one was there yet. My buddy started getting cramps really bad. His dad told him he might as well go now before everyone comes to the parking lot. So he grabs his flash light and gets out. As he is walking through the snow the cramps get worse. There is a little tram road that everyone uses to get into the woods. He barly makes it to the edge of the woods and he realizes he needs to go right now. He said he just got his pants to about his knees and started to squat down when here it came. He said it just exploded out of him. You know the kind, real runny with lots of gas. When he finished he wiped and went back to the truck. It was still dark. They waited a little more and as people started coming they got out and went hunting.

Later on in the afternoon he went back to the truck to grab a sandwich. As he neared the edge of the woods, he saw where he had his little episode earlier that morning. He said that behind his tracks he could see where that runny, yellowish-orange $hit was blowed out through the snow. He said it was sprayed out about 3 ft behind his tracks. It was hanging on the weeds and everything. The funny part was that there was about a foot and a half gap behind his tracks where the snow was clean, before you started to see any splatter marks. He could see other peoples tracks in the snow where they had to walk around the splattered mess.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I hope I didn't gross out too many people with that last story. I thought it was funny. Me and the guys I work with got a good laugh.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

It's funny how answering the call of nature can cause a laugh and usually to a buddys embarassment, lol.

Here is a story with my brother and his girlfriend at that time, his wife now, lol. They were on a fishing trip by canoe down the N. Saskatchewan River starting point Athabasca. They were down stream by at least 4 days out they thought there was nobody around. Who is going to go fishing that far out or go for trip. It was a hot day so they decided to strip down to their birthday suits and fly fish for the afternoon. No sooner were they out on the river in their glory when a group of canoeists floated down with hoots and cheers. My brother stayed put he figured aw what the heck what's the point now, his girlfriend smoked it behind a bunch of rocks kneeling down to escape on looking eyes, LMAO.

Yeh if you want to get found out do something your not supposed to and someone will find out, lol.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

When I was in the Army myself and two buddies went on a camping trip in Arizona. We were looking for places to pan gold and just be guys. We had harvested a rabbit, a couple of quail, and a few doves and decided to make stew from all of it. Well after a hard day hiking around the desert we ate that stuff like hogs. Of course we washed all of this down with copious amounts of beer. The following morning just like clockwork one by one nature has us doing the deed. I was able to hold on the longest and headed out after the other two guys were finished. While walking out to relieve myself I had noticed the two piles of toilet paper lrft as warning markers and stayed clear. WHile actually in the act I heard a noise and noticed that my buddies Cheasapeak Bay retreiver had located the fresh piles and was making short work of them. He then headed my way and I expedited matters and got out of there. While walking back to camp the dog passed me and ran straight towards his owner , jumped up on him, and began to lick him all over the face! All of a sudden it looked like someone hit him with a brick as he realized what was up. We still call each other from time to time and relive this and other moments.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I was hunting several years ago with some family. These guys like to meet back at the truck around noon and decide whether to hunt the same location or move on for the evening. It was hot and I was convinced the deer would wait on sunset to start moving. I came back to the truck a little early and leaned my gun up against a tree in front of the truck. I decide to take a nap in the truck bed. I lay there a couple of minutes dozing off and I though I could hear one of the guys maybe 30' away nearing me. No one spoke so my curiousity got the best of me so I looked up. To my amazement I saw the biggest freaking dear I had ever laid eyes on....I would try to give details, but doubt you guys would believe me. So I get up and this spooks the dear, he starts running straight up the nearby hill. I run to the front of the truck and pick up my rifle....by the time I got the gun raised he had just crested the top of the hill and was gone. That was one of those once in a lifetime dear there that got away.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Dariot,
Nothing like a friendly pooch, lol.

660R,
It always seems your gun or camera is not where your are when you need it, lol. Did you ever see the show of the Bear where the fella leaves his gun by a rock he then goes over to a nice cool water fall to refresh himself. Just when he is totaly defensless the biggest Bear in the known world comes up within inchs of his face. What kind of things would be going through a persons mind right about then????

I know I would if I could be leaving a trail behind me of the same consistency that DaRiots buddys pooch was happy to share with his master, LOL!!!!!