Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

limp mode?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limp mode?

hey guys i have a P360 4x4 that is doing something strange. all the sudden its barley running and the check belt light its constantly blinking. im sure this means a limp mode of some sore and the computer is retarding the timeing.

I was running fine and this happened all the sudden. What could have caused this and do i reset the computer and if so how do i do it.

It still is under extended warranty.

Chris

Old 04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default limp mode?

Trick try reseting the sensor. there are 2 sets of wires under your shifting lever switch them and unplug your belt sensor which is the small black box on the top of the clutch cover. then turn the key only on and the belt light will blink fast for about 8 seconds and then let it blink slow for 8 seconds. wire everything back and the way you go. it's simple... no warranty required.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default limp mode?

ok. i did that and i know how to do it cause i just put a dayco belt on in december.

when i just did that it went off it started running fine.

while test dring it i heard a noise in the tranny. so i took it off and dang it a big chunk of the new dayco belt had came off. oem belt lasted 2 years . this one lasted 3 months.

i wonder if i can get a replacement from dayco on this. This is obviouly a defective belt. it did not wear it broke off some of the belt.

Chris

Old 04-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh
Default limp mode?

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I tried 2 dayco belts and both of them threw cogs off the bottom , sent them back and they sent me 2 new ones. Haven't tried them yet so who knows if they will be any different.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default limp mode?

Well, at least your your problem is fixed thanks to Kawi650.

Maybe the Dayco belt is not a defective belt, but just what they make? Why take another chance on it instead of installing a stock P700 or P360 belt? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh
Default limp mode?

I will try them eventually , because for what they are worth and the varying specs in belt manufacturing i will give them a fair trial , although i won't be trying them during any competition due to past trial and failure. Just can't afford to place anything other than first , especially due to belt failure.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default limp mode?

actually i knew how to reset the check belt lite before kawi650 told me because i did it when i put the belt on.

but thanks anyway.

thats exacly what it did threw off cogs

whats the cheapest place to get a oem belt. you guys know a place. i will get a replacment on this one but everywhere i have seen the oem belts are 90 bucks . ouch for a belt.

Chris