Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The last damn time----

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The last damn time----

Wanted to pull off my primary clutch and I hate borrowing stuff from people so I ordered a puller bolt from EPI since I <u>thought</u> buying one in Canada would be more expensive. Puller bolt through EPI-----$35. Shipping fee from EPI-----$15.15. Not bad. Then the vultures by the name of UPS get into the game. By the time all the brokerage fees, gst, and brokerage gst is paid, add another $37.06. Lets see now. Bolt---$35. UPS guy gets $37.06 to deliver something that weighs half a pound. This is the LAST f@$%&ing time I deal with any business that ships via UPS!!! I've had friends in New York send me a box of stuff that weighed about 10lbs and it costs $21 so how the hell does UPS figure it costs $37 to send a half pound of steel???

So much for free trade!!!!! UPS can kiss my oversize hairy a$$!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thats not UPS doing that. If anything EPI added a handling charge. I use UPS all the time not to mentioned worked there for the last 20 years. Im not by any means saying they are great, but they dont charge $37 for a half pound package unless its a next day early morning delivery. Make sure EPI didnt charge you for next day or saturday delivery. If UPS is making that much I need a raise.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Mud, I'm in Canada and I got the bill right here. The bill through EPI was $50.10. I could live with that but UPS hosed me for the $37.06 as it says right at the top of the UPS bill. And it wasn't same day either as I ordered the bolt on a Friday and I got it on Wednesday. Bloody criminals!!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that sucks. was it regular frieght shipping? dam*, that was almost as much as the part itself.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Range Rover

I was getting some used parts shipped from the States, I called UPS, checked out options, and ended up going with parcel post. What you're seeing added on is brokerage when it crosses the border. The way she explained it is that UPS(or any other courier) looks after any customs charges, and they charge a flat rate based on value of package. There is no brokerage on parcel post because it is a federal institution, or at least thats how she explained it to me.

By the way, I got a Dalton puller last week from Fast Enterprises in Man., $50 plust gst and shipping.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

25.00 brokerage clearance fee for anything coming into Canada I live 10 miles from the border so I can just get it sent to the Ups office and pick it up then smuggle it across oops I mean just pay the duty lol

Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I never deal with UPS. FED EX is the only way to ship anything.

I know you had something delivered but still wanted to express my views.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Thing is, crossing the border, it doesn't matter which outfit you use, they all charge brokerage.

Old 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Mastrblastr,
I hear yah that UPS outfit plus any other company that brings stuff across the border into Canada there is that stupid brokerage fee. How long does it take to look it up on the puter and they charge $25 plus tax to do it. That's why I say it costs twice as much by the time I get in my hands. UPS can go fly a kite I have other means for retreiving my goods from the US. Like you say FREE TRADE my A$$

I wonder how fast things would stop if we Canadians stopped all US Beef from entering into Canada!!!!! Is there a free trade tax for Canadian stuff entering into the US. I wonder if ( United Parcel Screwers ) charge $35 American for stuff entering into the US??

Old 04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ok thats what I missed. Its going to Canada, That is considered an "International package". That does get pricey. Yes it cost just as much for packages coming into the states as is does going out. It is judged by zone charts= Distance and location. If you guys from Canada think you get screwed on trade you should see some are agreements with China and Mexico. Not only do we get the Mexican crap but we get half the Mexicans as well.

Quick Reply: The last damn time----