Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Works Performance shocks on BF and grizz.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Works Performance shocks on BF and grizz.

I just saw a show yesterday on atv tv. on the outdoor channel. They put custom Works Performance shocks on BF and Grizz.
Lowered both machines by couple inches and softened suspension. This Doug guy that is a rather small person around 160 lbs seems to like the soft suspension with the big foot print of the radial itp atr's.

Anyone have a opinion about having to spend an extra couple thousand dollars to make your machine perform. Works shocks and atr radials. Something wrong here.

Just buy a Prairie and don't worry. The suspension and comfort is not that different than any of the irs machines.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the same program as you and although I am about twice the size as the host I have to agree with him. I used to own an IRS equipped machine and sold it for some of the exact reasons he covered on the show. I mean yeah the ground clearance was good but not so much that I wanted to give up handling. I have to agree with you Minimus, the prairie in stock form does handle much better than all of the IRS machines I've rode. But it will handle even better with a set of radial holeshots. If a person wants to go serious mud bogging and dosen't mind a machine that is a little harder to handle on trails then an IRS machine may be what they want. But if someone wants a nice handling smooth riding trail machine then a SRA machine may be the way to go. That's why people need to shop and compare BEFORE they buy, unlike the mistake I made of buying what others say is the best.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

A set of Works struts does wonders for the handling of the Prairie as well.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Fastfatboy,

How do you like the holeshot ATR's? I was thinking of getting some new tires for my Brute Force 650. I was thinking of getting mudlites at first but have changed my mind. I am now thining of the Holeshot ATR's instead. I like to play around on my SRA machine alot and also ride alot of trails and some road since mine is street legal. I rarely see alot of mud so I am thinking that the better ride would be the Holeshots. How much did you pay for your holeshots? Do they et better traction than the stock tires? Can you use the stock rims with those tires? Thanks

Mark

Old 07-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

I tell how i fixed my problem with my grizzley i traded him in on a niced equipped with mcpherson struts and awesome irs with stabalizer from the box,,, sp 800 efi, ohh and he will eat the 750 and grizz

Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MarkSD,
The holeshot art's are far superior to the stock tires in all aspects. The traction is alot better partly because the tires are alot wider. Mine on ITP C series measure 9 inches wide on the front and 12 on the back. Handling is much better, the front end dosen't try to tuck under in hard cornering. The only bad things about them are due to the added width and weight, steering effert is increased at very slow speeds. As I just mentioned they weigh considerably more than stock tires wich will affect your power, but no where near what most mud tires weigh including most mud lites. I like my holeshots alot and I believe you could use them on stock wheels but if your going to spend the money I would go ahead and get some wheels too so you can have 2 sets. I bought mine new on ebay and got them for $270 to my front door. It's alot of money but you got to pay to play. Also I see your bike is stock I would STRONGLY recomend getting a holeshot module from highlifter or , my choice, a dynatek cdi.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both & my most recent BF750 is a much better comfort riding 4wheeler, even in stock form.
The seat is slightly softer on the BF but still could be allot softer but that too can be fixed & mine has been.
I went with the WORKS Steeler AT shocks and did not pay no $2000 but $845 total. Add the ITP Wheels/tire package & my BF is awesome to ride.
The wheel/tire package is a wise option to do on any 4wheeler including the Prairies.
The front struts on the Prairies need upgrade as well, its a shame that Kawie put Struts there instread of a A-Arm set-up w/shocks.