Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES

CWG,

I've never been to Roush/Norris in Medina but if their service is as bad as you claim I guess I won't ever be shopping there.

Metro Motorcycle/ATV in Mantua was great. They called me and told me my front brake pads were worn (I already knew and was planning on shopping off the internet). They told me it would only be $10 labor since the front end is already apart. I told them go ahead and GIT R DONE. Got the quad back the next afternoon (less than one day). Some bargains can be found on the internet however, whenever I have the chance I will just buy my parts/accesories from them. You can't beat good service. CWG, I think you should pay Metro a visit when you get a chance (little far from Medina but may be worth it). They don't have grumpy old men working there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Their parts/sevice is great (Josh will hook ya up).

Hope everything goes well with your P650.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:55 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OffRder15 (little far from Medina but may be worth it)..

Not that far for good service!

thanks, CWG

Old 09-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

not too brag but i got mine done last wednesday
I wasn't gonna go there, but since you started it, mine's been done since August 13th.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:31 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Got mine done finally, they really acted like it was a hassle for them to do.

Get this, as I rolled over and over down a hill, I wanted a pro to look at it, you know, a professional Kaw tech to tell me if something is dangerously worn I wasnt aware of...
..... I paid 47.00 for them to tell me-

1.the front rim was bent (mind you...I had written "bent" on the rim so I'd remember which one it was)
2.the front rack was bent (no fooling...I needed a tech to tell me that?)
3.the rear rack was bent (see above retort)
4.the clutch area is making excessive noise [we recommend an inspection] I kid you not- I asked for a copy of this....
5.the diff lock wont engage

THAT was my report??!?!? I got home, checked the fluid level, it was low..guess what? diff lock works now......
Roush Kawasaki Medina (formerlly Norris) I'll take my $$ else where, and wont step foot in that hole again.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

i was at my dealer yesterday and thay told me 3 more weeks befor that get parts to start fixing them.
so i guess you guys in the U.S. are geting yours done first.
and we get ours fixed 2nd.
i guess it pays to live near where there made.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

I called my dealer last weekend and he said he had 3 kits in, but since I just got my beast and was wanting to ride it and the dealer is about 45 min's away I didn't take it. Im not in a real big hurry though, I mean theres people out there that have been riding around on these things since 2001, I just wait till later on when some of the new has wore off and let the guys that have had theirs since 01 get them first since they probably need them worse.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

LTRACER, that makes you one of the good guys. My boss told me that Kawi will not pay the dealer for any warrenty work until the recall is done.
mudblaster, I know a couple guys that have had it done here in New Brunswick, but my '02 is still in need. I am told it is first come, first serve.(not very many have come in, so it is hard to get "served"

Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

ya thats pretty much what he told me.
first come first serve.
but im in there at least once a week checking plus he has sold me three new atvs in the last three years..
so i hope i will be one of the first to get fixed.
he also told me he has just receved a few kits for the 360s but he hasent fixed any yet.
and the kits for mine will be in within the next 3 weeks.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
rv
Pro Rider

any one from Canada have a coppy of there recall letter they could post .i havnt recieved one yet for my 05 650 brute my dealer didnt think it was on the list what a dick head i want to take it to my dealer and stuf it up his *** if i can get a copy of a canadian one.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

the one i got in the mail was the same as the one posted on the first page of this thread.

Quick Reply: RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES