Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just replaced the Left Rear Axle Seals...easy job except for removing Wheel Nut

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just replaced the Left Rear Axle Seals...easy job except for removing Wheel Nut

Its a common problem I know, so when my left rear axle started leaking pretty badly in June at an ATV Rodeo, I decided to order the seals and fix it myself this summer (last time this happened to me, I had the dealer do it under warranty).

Anyway, I followed KOD's website instructions and it was just as easy as it appears. Well, except that KOD's P650 does not have the rear hitch, so there were a few extra bolts for me remove.

By far, the hardest part for me was REMOVING THE WHEEL NUT on the Rear Hub!!! I don't have an impact wrench, so I had to use the old Cheater Bar...BROKE 2 RATCHET EXTENTIONS before I could get the wheel nut to brake loose! Its supposed to be torqued to 195 ft pounds, so its on there pretty good. Just thought I'd post this in case someone else is thinking about replacing their left rear axle seals soon.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just replaced the Left Rear Axle Seals...easy job except for removing Wheel Nut

I removed mine when I bought my paddle masters, it's by far the easiest way to get the paddles lined up. I didn't have as much trouble as you but that thing was a good strain to get off. Believe it or not my buddies impact wouldn't budge it so I had to use good old man power.