Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

SP800 vs P700 vs BF750

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SP800 vs P700

These are the three quads that I am trying to decide between. I would like to get some first hand knowledge from people concerning these machines. I know that they are pretty different in design and that is why I can't make up my mind. I will be riding in every type of terrain you can imagine, sometimes as fast as I can go and sometimes just checking out the scenery. I am looking to buy one machine that is as close to perfect as possible, I don't mind putting on aftermarket tires but I can't spend alot of money on upgrades for a while.

Please compare these: high & low speed handling, power, acceleration(which one is quicker), reliability, 4X4 system, etc. I would like to have as much info as possible but please do not do any bashing in this thread. Basically I think the P700 is probably the sportier of the three but I don't know how comfortable the ride is. I think the SP800 is probably the more comfortable riding of the three but I don't know how close the sportiness is. The BF is maybe in the middle?

Sorry about adding the BF late but I thought I had removed it from my possiblities, I now realize I should atleast find out some fresh info on it. Thanks in advance

Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Range Rover
Default SP800 vs P700

there both pretty sporty and fast.. i would look at the features on both of them they are both great quads.. 800 is IRS, prarie is SRA... either one would be good

Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default SP800 vs P700

P700 responds to mods VERY well. The sp800 will ride much smoother. So do ya wanna play on a rocket or ride a sofa?

Old 09-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default SP800 vs P700

Bombardier 800 atleast instead of the Polaris 800..... I have riddin both. The Bomb 800 completly blows it away in ride and power. If you have any more ?'s let me know.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Default SP800 vs P700 vs BF750

is the bombardier as fast off the line as the bf

Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

My P700 took a SP800 for 100 yard drag the other day.

Reliability you asked about. The P700 has been built 6 or more versions, so maybe they're getting pretty close on it? Neither one of mine has given me a problem.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

I have a p700 and I love it. I don't think I would trade it for anything.
I went through the same thing you are. At the time I was looking at a sportsman 700 (700efi or 800efi wasn't out yet) and a prairie 700.
I was concerned with ride quality, durability, handling, cost of maitainence, and power.
The sportsman line up is a great atv, they have nice ride quality, and are fairly powerful, but you have (as with any irs atv) 4 cv axles.
CV axles, cv joints , and cv boots can get expensive. What I am saying that is there is more to go wrong.
My buddy has a bf750 and has replaced 1 whole axle and 2 boots and has rebuilt 1 joint. He has only had the atv 7 months.I had mine two years and only had to rebuild 1 joint.

The prairie in my opinoin is simle and reliable.
I rode the bf750 and a sp700 and they ride nice but don't handle like a prairie.
The ride on a prairie is by no means bad. All I ever had berore this thing was sport quads (quadzilla, raptor, predator, 250r ect.) and it rides alot better then those quads.
My prairie goes anywhere them other quads go, and usually faster too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I have over 1000 miles on my prairie and other then the 1 joint going bad I have had not another problem with it and I ride it HARD!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

Great info guys, keep it comin. I am pretty much sold on the P700 but thought I'd get some info just to make sure. I am definitely going to try and test ride all of them before buying.

I have owned two quads. In '99 I bought a new 300ex, sold that in '02, in '03 I bought a new AC500i. I liked the ride on the AC but I'm thinking this time around I'd like to get something that is sportier, but I definitely need 4x4. My buddies and I ride alot in a sand/mud bottom river, sometimes muddy creeks/trails, and of course in the winter we get snow. Three buddies have 660 Grizzlies, two have AC500i's, one BF650 so no matter which of the three I get I will have the fastest/most powerful.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my front actuator didnt go to hell for no reason on my P700 I'd recommend it all day long over the 800. But since the 800 has more power and SHOULD beat the 700 in a drag race, at least a hill climb, my cousin's 800 is looking pretty good about now.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

i have a 700p and im very happy with it.
i have 28" mud zillas on it and it has enuff power that i can wheely it on any little bump on the trail or pothole on the dirt roads or at will in my driveway.
and it will spin the tires and shoot rooster tails in the mud 20ft
and i can powerslide it any time i feel like it.
TRY POWER SLIDING ON A BF OR A SPORTSMAN 800.
you cant because of the irs.
my zillas where brand new in january and my back tires are almost half worn out from spinning them all the time.(only cause its so much fun)
i loved my honda and swore i would never buy a belt quad untill i won a arctic cat m7 in january.
i had no use for a sled and this guy had a near new 700p with the tires and bush bumper and winch hand and thumb warmers and offerd to trade even.
so i took it out for a spin and traded him rite away.
now i cant get enuff of it.
i even sold my 04 rubicon because i hardly road it anymore.
the honda was trouble free and all i had to do was change the oil.
with my kawi i have to check the belt every time i change the oil.
and if you pay someone to change your oil your going to have to pay for the belt service also.
but oil and belt service are very easy to do and dont take that long to do.
half hour to an hour at the most.
it takes me about a half hour to 45 mins to do.
i have put over 2000 kilometers on it since january and have changed the oil twice and im almost due again.
and both times i checked the belt it was still like new.
if im on the dirt roads i use high but as soon as i slow down for trails or hills i put it in low gear.
if you use low as much as you can and only use high when you on the dirt roads going fast then the belt will last a long time.
if you buy the 700p you will be extreemly happy with it.
you will be happy with the others also but not as much as you will be with the prairie.
also i had an irs cat and i found it like to pop up the front end going up hills and when you least expected it to and i rolled it a few times when other guys would do the same hill and have no troubles at all.
and i can do those same ones with my kawi and not worry about it doing a big wheely when i dont need it to.
the irs quads are the most smoothest riding of all but they are unpredictable on steep terrane.
my buddy had an 04 650 cat and when he road my 700 and went out and got a 700 kawi the next month.
and last month he traded in his cat and got a second 700p for his wife.
anyways sorry for the long post and happy shopping.

Quick Reply: SP800 vs P700 vs BF750